PDA

View Full Version : 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-18-2018, 10:09 AM
I don't see why we would need another barbecue and another lowlight but that's just me. I'd be very happy if the club used the traditional con figure sets to give us more of the ARAH run and other highly-requested figures who aren't necessarily Python Patrol or Slaughter's Marauders.

Well the way I see it is just like you want a completed ARAH run, I would love a completed sub team. Dreadnoks not complete, Tiger Force not complete, Night Force not complete, Oktober Guard not complete, etc. With only a total of 5 figures needed to complete both the Python Patrol and the Marauders why not complete theese while there's a chance? As add ons to the convention set with the exception of Slaughter both of theese groups could be completed.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
05-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Well the way I see it is just like you want a completed ARAH run, I would love a completed sub team. Dreadnoks not complete, Tiger Force not complete, Night Force not complete, Oktober Guard not complete, etc. With only a total of 5 figures needed to complete both the Python Patrol and the Marauders why not complete theese while there's a chance? As add ons to the convention set with the exception of Slaughter both of theese groups could be completed.

Because some of us don't care about completing sub-groups. That's why. Before you get yours bunched up, I said some of us.

rjhiii@sover.net
05-18-2018, 02:05 PM
I don't see why we would need another barbecue and another lowlight but that's just me. I'd be very happy if the club used the traditional con figure sets to give us more of the ARAH run and other highly-requested figures who aren't necessarily Python Patrol or Slaughter's Marauders.

I agree, but what you should have said is another Slaughter's Marauders Barbecue and Lowlight as they were included in the BBTS set, just in a little different and updated Deco pattern. I am also hoping with no vehicles that the Club does focus on filling out yrs 87, 88, 89 at the very least, and even some of the sub team repaints that can be done (which have not already been updated like BBQ and Lowlight) can be part of that (TF Tripwire, NF Sneak Peak) for those that need to finish off the original run of some sub teams.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Because some of us don't care about completing sub-groups. That's why. Before you get yours bunched up, I said some of us.

And some of us could care less about figures pre 90. And before you get yours bunched up, I also said some of us

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
05-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Most would appreciate filling in pre 90's, but regardless, I would say most are just going to be happy getting more figures before no more are going to be made by the club!!!

bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net
05-18-2018, 06:42 PM
If they do Low Light & Barbecue in OG Marauder colors, that’s fine by me. That’s one set I won’t have to buy. However, I am looking forward to Python Patrol SAW Vipers & Rock Vipers. I’m looking forward to an International Tiger Force version of Blizzard & Poluicao & I’m looking forward to sets that compliment the latest wave of FSS figures. I’d like to see a Red Jackal/Black Major/Baron Ironblood 3 pack, a DEF 2 pack of Cutter & Headman; using the headsculpt of Skymate & Dojo. Any other characters that are unrepresented in the modern era will be welcome as well.

kelty11@verizon.net
05-19-2018, 10:47 AM
Low Light and Barbecue are easy and cost-effective repaints (providing that the Club still has access to those molds).

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
05-19-2018, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure it's possible to find two GI Joe fans that actually agree on everything. However, let's try to imagine that other people can have valid reasons for a differing opinion. I don't actually collect sub teams that are regular characters in special uniforms, (Tiger Force, Night Force, etc.). I like to only have 1 version of each character (so Sky Patrol, Ninja Force, etc. are okay.). But I can see the thinking on Marauders Barbecue and Low Light. Yes, there are already modern versions of them, but that was true of Spirit too. And if you put Barbecue and Low Light with the figures from this set, they will stick out for their different camo patterns and darker colors (which I actually thought were better, but still honoring the originals). Since they've already gone back to the vintage deco and done everybody else (minus the off-limits Sarge) I can see a Low Light/Barbecue 2 pack to complete the original team. If it happens and you don't like it, don't buy it. Sounds like there will be plenty of figure souvenirs to buy this year.

05-19-2018, 06:31 PM
How about a Listen n fun/Tiger Force Tripwire 2 pack???

We got a WORMS Officer in FSS 6, so I still expect to see a WORMS con exclusive.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
05-20-2018, 08:22 AM
Python WORMS?

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
05-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Anyways, more of the A Real American Hero's would be ok in marauder colors like Wildbill, Cutter, maybe even Duke. That would be interesting. I think Law would look awesome!!

Python WORMS?

Personally, I hope not. I'm thinking it won't look right.

NS550@aol.com
05-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Not sure if anyone asked this but will there be any 3 3/4 sets available in the club store after the con? Thanks!

05-20-2018, 06:36 PM
Not sure if anyone asked this but will there be any 3 3/4 sets available in the club store after the con? Thanks!

That’s not always a guarantee; only if they don’t sell out at con.

bradpayne@bellsouth.net
05-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Will an itinerary be released before the convention? We are trying to figure out what's going on everyday to plan out when we come in and what we do.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-29-2018, 04:49 PM
Less than a month until the show now. When will we get some exclusive souvenir reveals?

rfarrell22@yahoo.com
05-29-2018, 08:59 PM
when people are in line to buy them

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
05-29-2018, 11:30 PM
Pretty much.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-30-2018, 09:11 AM
I hope they tell us at least something. It would be nice to know what will be available before I start traveling.

enforcr98@aol.com
05-30-2018, 09:40 AM
they don't reveal what is available before hand. That is part of the reason of going to the convention is to see what they reveal is available. Thursday evening is when pics will start showing up of what is available after people start going thru line.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-30-2018, 09:44 AM
It's the last one this year and we all know it is. What are they protecting it from, exactly?

05-30-2018, 10:21 AM
It's the last one this year and we all know it is. What are they protecting it from, exactly?

Simply put, they want you to go to the convention! They want you to fork over your cash to the club and the vendors that pay to be there. There has to be an incentive to going to the actual con. If they revealed all the exclusives beforehand, there would be some of us who would decide that there isn’t enough of a draw to make the trip. However, the uncertainty of not knowing is enticing enough to get people to sign up. I’d like to know in advance, but I understand the clubs logic on this practice.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-30-2018, 11:17 AM
I know the logic, I just don't see how it applies to the very last one that has already sold out two hotels.

russthecobra@gmail.com
05-30-2018, 01:09 PM
I hope for the last convention there will be some voice actors, was looking forward to voice actor interactions

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
05-30-2018, 02:20 PM
I hope for the last convention they actually reward collectors who are unable to attend the con due to finance / logistical practicality who purchase the homefront heroes set the option to purchase figures direct from the club store by holding a quantity back so we do not have to buy off scalpers on eBay at overly inflated prices. I love in England, my son collects and goes to school it’s not practical or affordable for us to attend unfortunately.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
05-30-2018, 05:53 PM
I thought the con was pretty much sold out, and if it is there's no need to keep the exclusives a secret at this point in time. By the logic that I've read above the reason for keeping the exclusives secret is to sell tickets, if that is true and the con is obviously a near sellout. I believe only about 75 tickets was all that was left at the last update. Theres no reason that the club could at the very least give us clues as towards the secret exclusives.

ozcouple@live.com
05-30-2018, 07:30 PM
Exclusives mostly sell out at the Con. No WAY should any be held back for non-attendees! Anything that doesn't sell, goes to the Club online store, and people can buy it from there.

I don't attend SDCC or Hascon, but if I want the product badly enough, I buy from ebay. That's the way it goes!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
05-30-2018, 08:13 PM
I attend SDCC and buy their exclusives the same as I do for Joecon. I understand the logic of favoring attendees. I'm actually for it... but as many of us have pointed out this IS THE LAST ONE and there's little reason to use them as a draw to sell day-of tickets. Just letting people know what's available before the show - the very last Joecon - won't do anything to deter people from going or stop tickets from being sold. It's that simple.

enforcr98@aol.com
05-31-2018, 10:48 AM
Exclusives mostly sell out at the Con. No WAY should any be held back for non-attendees! Anything that doesn't sell, goes to the Club online store, and people can buy it from there.

I don't attend SDCC or Hascon, but if I want the product badly enough, I buy from ebay. That's the way it goes!

Agreed 100%.

They did let us know what was available, no vehicles! that is more than they usually say.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
06-04-2018, 08:33 AM
Was hoping we could get a breakdown. For example 3 2 packs etc. Or can we get 500 will cover all souvenirs or souvenirs will total last year please

charles.phillips@penske.com
06-04-2018, 01:23 PM
it is part of the fun of being there when the exclusives get displayed. The order sheet then gets handed out and its like a Christmas wish list. loads of fun...then you wait...and wait....and wait....and wait.....

The people in line are great and sometimes you take turns holding places in line and such.

I'm hoping for some really out of the box thinking on figures.

autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com
06-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Was hoping we could get a breakdown. For example 3 2 packs etc. Or can we get 500 will cover all souvenirs or souvenirs will total last year please

I did email and ask Brian if there was a ballpark price range but haven’t heard back

russthecobra@gmail.com
06-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Well so much for the guest list, I guess no voice actors this year for the last convention....feel a little let down. I really hope the exclusives are good enough to make up for that.

gidean@aol.com
06-11-2018, 11:13 AM
...not per set bought?!?!?!?...that's why i purchased 2 con sets, to get 2 sets of souvenirs, based on past practice.....if they would have mentioned that, i would NOT have purchased 2 boxed Con sets....

not cool....

jfunk@sympatico.ca
06-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Oh they must be worried about selling out really early. Hopefully this limit will allow for more of us to at least get one full set of add on exclusives.

06-12-2018, 10:12 AM
...not per set bought?!?!?!?...that's why i purchased 2 con sets, to get 2 sets of souvenirs, based on past practice.....if they would have mentioned that, i would NOT have purchased 2 boxed Con sets....

not cool....

It’s been like this for a while now

ATBotts78@gmail.com
06-12-2018, 02:11 PM
I saw no clues in the June Club comic hinting about con exclusive figures. Did anybody else interpret it differently?

c.j.lloyd1@juno.com
06-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Is there a military discount for General Admission?

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
06-16-2018, 04:58 PM
Our 14 year old son Tommy working on his JoeCon Cobra commander costume. (WIP)

charles.phillips@penske.com
06-17-2018, 05:11 PM
Gungho-joe that's amazing! I will be sure to high five that effort!!!!

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-19-2018, 04:17 PM
Leaving in the morning and the kiddos are super excited!!! We got a beautiful BNB just minutes away from the con!!!!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Leaving in about 8hrs. Oh how I love a drive across the country. Should arrive about 7 hrs later then its PARTY TIME!

bradpayne@bellsouth.net
06-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know if the parachute figures are very difficult to get? I'm not a Golden Ticket holder, but will be there Thursday to check in. I've always had a love for figures with parachutes!

etquick2003@yahoo.com
06-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Be safe out there, all of our comrades that are making the trip to Joecon. Wish you all a great trip!!

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
06-20-2018, 10:14 AM
Be safe out there, all of our comrades that are making the trip to Joecon. Wish you all a great trip!!

we are leaving at 2am. Should put us in Chattanooga around 10am Thursday morning. Thanks for the well wishes!!!We aren't staying at a hotel, we are camping out on Raccoon Mountain.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-20-2018, 12:38 PM
I have arrived!

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
06-20-2018, 01:01 PM
I have arrived!

you wont be able to miss us, I will have Cobra Commander, Gungho and a 4ft tall baroness by my side!!!

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Leaving in the morning and the kiddos are super excited!!! We got a beautiful BNB just minutes away from the con!!!!

We made it a little while ago and settled in to our bnb! Only 8 minutes away from the con!!!

heathernjohn7@sbcglobal.net
06-20-2018, 11:38 PM
We're leaving in the morning. 9 hour trip for us. Wife, me and my son. He has Autism. This is our first con. Hopefully it will be really fun for all of us. I'm pretty excited.

etquick2003@yahoo.com
06-21-2018, 08:09 AM
We're leaving in the morning. 9 hour trip for us. Wife, me and my son. He has Autism. This is our first con. Hopefully it will be really fun for all of us. I'm pretty excited.

Awesome, that will be a great trip. And the drive will be a good one!

etquick2003@yahoo.com
06-21-2018, 08:12 AM
We made it a little while ago and settled in to our bnb! Only 8 minutes away from the con!!!

Wow, thats awesome! Well played!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-21-2018, 09:46 PM
Is there really no Hasbro panel at this the last con? Anyone else here? I am.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Sooooooo........ Stood in line for hours at registration, stood in line for the club store, but all well worth it!!!!!! The exclusives are awesome!!!!! I didn't get them all, but got most of them! The parachute figure for the drop tomorrow is kinda cool! For my first and last con, I am having a blast!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-21-2018, 10:41 PM
I waited in line for the exclusives, too. I have to say the Club did a GREAT job with the figure sets and the one set of armor. Very awesome and worth the waiting.

06-21-2018, 11:27 PM
We arrived tonight about 45 minutes ago. Settling into our swanky hotel room at the Westin. Life is good.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
06-22-2018, 05:16 AM
Here. Depriest is doing kindle

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-22-2018, 06:01 AM
So far I have been lucky to be at the front of every line, mostly by showing up several hours early. But I've met lots of cool people from everywhere. So sad that this will be my only con I would love to do this again and again. Thank to everyone at FunPub for giving us over grown kids times, exclusives, and opportunities to create lasting memories.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
06-22-2018, 08:55 AM
Cool up til grown adults trampling kids for parachute drop. Having to explain to my son why he got trampled

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-22-2018, 09:33 AM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope he's ok. My 5 year old son's experience was totally opposite. He was the first to get one! And that was before they told them to go. Long story, but the volunteer/staff guys were awesome! That's all I'm gonna say. Really impressed with them!!!!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-22-2018, 09:55 AM
I have stopped attending the parachute drops (stopped in 13) for that specific reason. I bought the carded paradrop figure thursday night and just looked at it as a politeness tax PRECISELY because of the behavior I've witnessed by adults at previous para drops. It should be just for kids. I get it that the $42 is important to some people but COME ON, man. Is it really worth trampling a child?

etquick2003@yahoo.com
06-22-2018, 01:45 PM
I think that this is the reason Hasbro is getting away from multiple conventions. It really ***** that people act like that.

bradpayne@bellsouth.net
06-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Cool up til grown adults trampling kids for parachute drop. Having to explain to my son why he got trampled

Same exact thing happened here. I was trying to help my 2 year old get one, but had to stop because of the adults pushing children down and taking multiple figures. It was very sad.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-22-2018, 09:10 PM
I was one of the people throwing the Python Patrol Para-Viper this morning, and to all of the adults who trampled and shoved the kids, I think that all of you should have had your name badges taken away and have been forced to leave the con. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Total scum if you ask me, still can't believe I had to watch from up above, makes me sick to my stomach. I would have rather just walked up and handed the kids the figures. People like you should know better. Jerks!

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-22-2018, 09:24 PM
I totally agree!! What kind of a-hole runs a child over for a piece of plastic? I'll tell you what kind........... A piece of sh*t!!!!! And I'll add this little piece of fact... be glad none of you morons ran over my son. I'll leave it at that.

wilsongj2002@hotmail.com
06-23-2018, 01:53 AM
They do it because they want to sell them on eBay for a profit and then people like me have to pay ridiculous prices to get one for my son as there is no way we can afford to come to the con from the UK. If someone has one of the custom red shadows they could sell I’d be happy to have a chat as we are uk based.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-23-2018, 10:01 AM
I am really dismayed by reports about the anarchy of the paradrop. I am surprised that the host venues even permit this anymore. This is why I don't go to conventions because the prevalence of atrocious anti-social behavior and outright greed has taken away from the fun of these types of events. I feel terrible that these are the people I end up buying stuff from on Ebay every year. I'm kind of glad this will be by final blood offering to Ebay scalpers. I usually skip most non-Joe con items because they are not worth my money.

kelty11@verizon.net
06-23-2018, 10:13 AM
On a happier note, overall I am pleased with the convention offerings. I would have preferred Low Light and BBQ in classic SM colors rather than the Renegades, but what can you do, right? The minute I saw that LL and BBQ were not included - I can see these skyrocketing in $$$. Also, I think that female PP Troopers and Officer in classic colors would have been a better choice than the Para-Vipers, but again water in the bridge.

I was really surprised with the Sonic Fighters - excellent choices, but now I want more :(- I would love to see a three pack of Sonic Vipers. Not to mention some of the Super Sonic Fighters (Falcon, Mjr Bludd). Too bad the club is ending.

bradpayne@bellsouth.net
06-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Despite the issues the club has had with the convention, this has been a really fun event.

robertmsmith65@yahoo.com
06-24-2018, 06:13 AM
Yes had fun. Being 1st time here really no idea how things work. That's the only thing I would ask for differently

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-24-2018, 08:54 AM
I feel terrible that these are the people I end up buying stuff from on Ebay every year.

Simple solution: Don't buy from them. No one is forcing you.

Honestly, as an attendee who chose not to go to the paradrop for this specific reason I can assure you that the positives of the con FAR outweigh the negative aspects like scalpers scooping up parachute figures. The Kindle Worlds panel, alone, showed us some great Joe fiction by fellow fans AND debuted "The Joy of Joe," a compendium of famous creators' personal stories about growing up with GI Joe.

It's awful that this will be the last con. I had a great time meeting fellow collectors, talking about Joe and even waiting in line. The bad apples are simply a pushy and vocal minority.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-24-2018, 09:36 AM
Simple solution: Don't buy from them. No one is forcing you.
Sometimes this is the only way to get something you want for your collection. You are right. No one forces you yet sometimes it is the only way.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
06-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Yes had fun. Being 1st time here really no idea how things work. That's the only thing I would ask for differently

Also my first, and had a blast! Wishing I would have been to a few before this!!!

kelty11@verizon.net
06-24-2018, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the support. I wasn't saying that all attendees who sell extras are Ebay are bad people. I have never been able to justify the financial layout of traveling to and attending conventions. So I usually suck it up and plop down $$$ for the exclusives I want. This was a particularly expensive year for me as all the souvenirs were figure.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
06-24-2018, 02:13 PM
I sell some exclusives that aren't items I have high on my list online just to defray the cost of my trip. I never make a profit on the whole trip or anything but it helps make it doable, at least for me. I think that's BY FAR the majority of "scalpers" selling things they bought. Maybe the people who can afford the golden tickets make some profit (and most are retailers and shop owners) but I don't think anyone else really does.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-25-2018, 09:53 AM
On a happier note, overall I am pleased with the convention offerings. I would have preferred Low Light and BBQ in classic SM colors rather than the Renegades, but what can you do, right? The minute I saw that LL and BBQ were not included - I can see these skyrocketing in $$$. Also, I think that female PP Troopers and Officer in classic colors would have been a better choice than the Para-Vipers, but again water in the bridge.

I was really surprised with the Sonic Fighters - excellent choices, but now I want more :(- I would love to see a three pack of Sonic Vipers. Not to mention some of the Super Sonic Fighters (Falcon, Mjr Bludd). Too bad the club is ending.

I don't know if you attended the Last pannell but watch the message boards for updates, your going to be happy

jared.vitosh@gmail.com
06-25-2018, 10:28 AM
http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/showthread.php?1636-Final-GIJCC-Figure-Sets

I posted what I know here for those that missed the announcement on Sunday.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
06-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Now that the Con is over and I've made my 9hr dive home, gotten a couple of hours of sleep, I'm now ready to reflect on my first and only JOECON. What a total blast, being this was going to be my one and only JOECON I decided to go all in and got a golden ticket. Upon arriving at around noon to the hotel I check in dropped off my luggage in my room and headed down to get in line for package pick up and started to get to know people( new friends, a couple of friends from the forum,and good people in general). Next day custom class ( learned more in 1 day than i did in 5 years on my own) and club store opening I got one of each con exclusive and an extra shirt. Friday dropped off my custom figures for the Frankenjoe contest ( Ninja Force Zartan and Backblast), para drop(fun until well if you've read all of the posts you know) attended the 2nd and 3rd panels( took lot of pictures) and the the exhibit and dealer room opens. More money gone ( and more pictures) and got some inspiration for some new custom figures to make. Friday night reception dinner for golden ticket holders and con guests (Larry, Kurt,Kirk,etc.) Nice got to meet more new people and had a chance to rest at the same time. Saturday panels, Saturday night banquet dinner contest award and casino night had fun, wished I had made more auctions dollars so I could at least made a bid but oh well I still had fun. Sunday, panels, panels, panels. Got excited with the announcements made for upcoming items, watched another collecter completely loose control, and heard tearful goodbyes. All in all I had a trip that I will never forget, thanks to Brian his family and the entire staff at FunPub for everything that you've done for us overgrown kids and the toys we love. And I'm going to end this the way we ended the con with a hearty YO JOE!!!!!

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
06-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Well said Skoorcard glad you got to experience the magic at least one time.

wuala87@gmail.com
06-25-2018, 06:18 PM
I am very happy for you and for all the people who could enjoy the Joecon, I hope that this is just one more battle and not an end. This passion is always inside us, I hope those who have the opportunity to keep this alive massively (Fun pub, Hasbro, or whoever) do not let this great mission called GI JOE finish.....YO JOEEE !!!

tomwensyel@yahoo.com
06-26-2018, 08:54 AM
my whole family had a great time at Joecon!!! The 12 hour drive down and back was well worth it!!! The kids got to cosplay, we made some great new friends and picked up some awesome figures!!! ALSO: A huge thank you and a Fathers appreciation to Brian for his help. My 9 year old daughter hurt her wrist and it was Mr. Savage that personally tended to her injury. He wrapped her wrist then made a ice wrap for her. Brian them made sure she was ok and he out a big smile on her face with a very special gesture!!!! Brian is a class act as a Person and he oversaw one heck of a Convention!!! Thank You Brian and your entire staff!!!!

kelty11@verizon.net
06-27-2018, 08:36 AM
I don't know if you attended the Last pannell but watch the message boards for updates, your going to be happy

Ha Ha. I spoke too soon (and hit buy now too soon on LL & BBQ). Oh well. :):) The final 12 are awesome. It's amazing to think we will have a complete Euro Tiger Force in ME style before the end of the year. Too bad the missing foreign Eco Warriors and Sky Patrol figures will never see the light of day.

gjwermund@gmail.com
07-01-2018, 11:33 AM
I want to give a shout out to smittyjoe before the con he said he would grab some con exclusives for me. I had emergency surgery at the beginning of June and he grabbed them still and let me pay for them after the con.he's a class act and I want to say thank you for going above and beyond for a fellow joe collector

07-01-2018, 01:59 PM
My wife, son and I sat at the convention banquet with two great RAH collectors - one from Denver, and one from Oklahoma. I'd like to reconnect with both of you guys. Send me a PM when you can, and let me know your screen names. We enjoyed talking with you both and hope you had a fantastic time at the con! Cheers!

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-02-2018, 09:38 AM
So, it's been a couple weeks now. Can we broach the subject of when we'll get the replacement Major Bludd and laser viper heads?

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
07-08-2018, 09:58 AM
I wasn't too thrilled at the final 12 and other offerings, but then, the more I look at them the more I like some of them. The barbeque and low light are must have if you bought the box set. The falcon was one i really didn't like, but it grew on me. The euro figs are gonna be must haves just because the card art is gonna look amazing!! I just know it!!. The Night Stalkers are awesome. I'm not sure what is up with the retaliation trooper getting sand on his face and joining a biker gang. But I'm gonna buy it anyway to support the club! And the compound bow is an awesome accessory! I can use it for Storm Shadow or something. I'm in agreement with all that it is awesome the club is trying to give us collectors an assortment to go out with a bang!!!

kelty11@verizon.net
07-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Club members have been clamoring for the club to finish off as many special team as possible. Hasbro certainly won't do it.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
07-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Lt.Kelty....... I agree.... It is sad Hasbro isn't trying to retap a market that isn't as big as say, Star Wars, but there is still plenty of money to be made off the existing fan base.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Club members have also been clamoring to fill the holes of the original 1982-1990 run before mostly becoming subteam lines...

skoor.cr@gmail.com
07-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Last I heard it was sub teams first.

rjhiii@sover.net
07-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Any word on when the Homefront sets ship? Will the heads be corrected, or will they come with the corrected heads separate already.

ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET
07-08-2018, 04:44 PM
So, it's been a couple weeks now. Can we broach the subject of when we'll get the replacement Major Bludd and laser viper heads?

The Club will announce it as they have always done. Nothing we do will advance it.

gijoeguru@yahoo.com
07-08-2018, 07:24 PM
Will the final 12 be carded or bagged? Any word on the Price of these?

j_yoders@hotmail.com
07-08-2018, 08:23 PM
They have already said they will be single-carded figures sent in the FSS-style mailer boxes.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
07-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Yep. Gonna be 2 per box. Too bad it's not pick and choose!

07-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Wonder when we will get an update on the replacement heads

jimsnow70@aol.com
07-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Non-attendee box sets are shipping. Got my FedEx notice today.

skoor.cr@gmail.com
07-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Wonder when we will get an update on the replacement heads

Attendees are also getting theirs, got mine today.

kelty11@verizon.net
07-28-2018, 10:37 AM
Got my set yesterday. Can't wait for Low Light and BBQ to complete my classic SM set.

I am wondering if there is there any way for the club to offer the gray Laser Viper equipment sets to the club membership before the end of the year. People are selling the zip-locked bagged set for $95 on Ebay!!! (Really??). This should have been offered as an add-on to every attending and non-attending member.

ozcouple@live.com
07-28-2018, 10:39 AM
Major “one-ups” to the Club for the Bludd heads! Not only are the paint apps stellar, but the neck is fixed, too! No more staring at his feet!!! :)

kelty11@verizon.net
07-29-2018, 11:53 AM
Yes. Thank you for sending the fixed Mjr. Bludd heads with the sets. Awesome. I will definitely miss receiving my mid-summer "gift" and pouring over it for untold hours.

realboss2599@hotmail.com
07-31-2018, 07:26 PM
And thank you for the bonus file cards! Love them

jfunk@sympatico.ca
08-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Now what are you talking about?

troysheets2001@yahoo.com
08-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Attendees were able to get their badge punched and were given a set of file cards that were made to honor Brian, Lanney, and David

skoor.cr@gmail.com
08-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Attendees were able to get their badge punched and were given a set of file cards that were made to honor Brian, Lanney, and David

Not everyone got the file cards, I should know I was an attendee. And my badge wasn't punched either.

jfunk@sympatico.ca
08-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Oh dang I missed that, I wonder what panel that was at and what I was buying on the show floor.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-01-2018, 09:37 PM
I'm still waiting for my Homefront Heroes package with hats and shirt. Should I be worried?

skoor.cr@gmail.com
08-02-2018, 06:14 AM
I'm still waiting for my Homefront Heroes package with hats and shirt. Should I be worried?

If you got the blue Slaughter's Marauders hat their probably still waiting on its replacement, the originals were miss spelled, ut I'd call to be sure.

j_yoders@hotmail.com
08-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Yeah, that's a bummer. If I knew they were giving out file cards at a certain panel, I definitely would have gone.

ozcouple@live.com
08-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Yeah, that's a bummer. If I knew they were giving out file cards at a certain panel, I definitely would have gone.

They were giving them out at the info/exchange booth.

csi_kincaid@yahoo.com
08-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Got my shipping notification today. Set, shirt and hats by Tuesday. I can't wait.

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Not everyone got the file cards, I should know I was an attendee. And my badge wasn't punched either.

I received my non-attendee set last week and received a set of cards. Any other non-attendees get them?

kelty11@verizon.net
08-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Yep. I got a set of cards. I was very surprised to see them in my set.

lindy101_98@yahoo.com
08-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Got my 2 sets of replacement head and corrected hat yesterday! Really wasn't expecting the hat. That's awesome they replaced them!! Thanks club!!!!

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-07-2018, 06:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KADDH5S.jpg

NS550@aol.com
08-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Nice shot of the Con figures Mr Hebime!! They look great!

skoor.cr@gmail.com
08-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Awesome pic

kelty11@verizon.net
08-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Awesome shot. All I'm missing is the Para-Viper Officer. Just think how more awesome it will look with SM BBQ and Low Light in Dec. Not to mention the other Sonic Fighters.

wuala87@gmail.com
08-09-2018, 06:07 AM
great photo!!!

jimsnow70@aol.com
08-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Thanks fellas!