Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1984 Display case by Crimson Canuck

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar

1984 Display case by Crimson Canuck

I wanted a cool, secure way to display my classic Joes but never found anything that I liked, so I built one.
    I like the way the club box sets are set in foam so I took that idea and made a frame and added the logo with date (routered to give it depth) on top. I plan to do the '82-'86 series this way and decided to start with '84 because I have most of the figures complete. Now I can display my classic Joes without losing parts or dusting little figures.

Corporal
    Very nice display case. So, are you going to complete each year's roster before you build the next case, or are you just going to display your favorites; what you already have? BTW, what are the dimensions of your display case?

"Very nice display case. So, are you going to complete each year's roster before you build the next case, or are you just going to display your favorites; what you already have? BTW, what are the dimensions of your display case?"

Thanks bassistcarlos.
    Over the winter I will be working on these and will be completing each roster (hopefully, and except for the '86 mission brazil figures which didn't get released in Canada). I have most of the figures, it's more the accessories that I'm missing (if you notice duke has no accessories, gun is a place holder for the original), so I can start on the next case... once I finish something on the old honey do list. Once I get the accessories I need I can easily make the cut out and place them in the display.
    This particular case is 13" high and 36" wide. the logo piece is 3"x36". Each case will be custom sized to the foam but the height will be roughly the same.

Private First Class giants5680@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Great job, I like it. Gave me some great ideas for my own collection.

Fantastic! This would be the way I would do it if I ever decide to finish up my original ARAH collection.

Thanks. Going to start working on the '85 display next.

That is a very cool looking display case you have made. Very well Crafted.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    That's awesome. Cant wait to see more.

Crimson Canuck how large a case would be needed for larger years like 1987 or some of the early 90's

"That is a very cool looking display case you have made. Very well Crafted."

"That's awesome. Cant wait to see more."

Thanks, just started working on the next one.

"Crimson Canuck how large a case would be needed for larger years like 1987 or some of the early 90's"

'87 would be 41 figures I'd go 42 because Golobulous would take two spots so I'd say the foam would need to be about 40"W x 27"H
    '90 would be 36 figures, so you could have your foam 63"W x 13"H or 42"W x 20"H
    Of course this depends on the accessories too. I bought a 4'x9'x1" foam, so I lay out the figures with accessories first before cutting my foam size.
    I never even contemplated anything beyond '86 because of the amount of figures, plus I hardly have any between '87-'98