Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Display Room

That's great! I didn't realize there was a shelf system out there that would fit the Terror Drome so well. Love it.

Private First Class
    Looks great!

Private First Class mlandvick@gmail.com's Avatar
    These look great! Where are those shelves from!
    Jones Boys
    "We named the dog Indiana..."

Quote Originally Posted by mlandvick@gmail.com View Post
    These look great! Where are those shelves from!
    Thanks for the compliments guys! I think I bought those shelves at Lowe's Hardware for around $50. They actually come with an additional shelf that would have made them too tall for my indoor room. They are basic storage shelves for a garage-like environment (approximately 34" long x 23" wide). The shelves are grated, so there are big gaps that figures and weapons can fall down into so I used black foam board from the dollar store to cover the shelves up and make them more collectable-friendly. The GI Joe Headquarters fits perfectly on these shelves, and the Terror Drome fits very snugly on the top shelf only.

Private First Class mlandvick@gmail.com's Avatar
    I love the way the setup looks. I've always been a fan of the airplanes from the ceiling! What test strength do you use? How often do you dust them? And what do you use? That's the biggest problem I have with the whole displays in our boys room! The constant dust! It's hard to keep up.
    Jones Boys
    "We named the dog Indiana..."

Quote Originally Posted by mlandvick@gmail.com View Post
    I love the way the setup looks. I've always been a fan of the airplanes from the ceiling! What test strength do you use? How often do you dust them? And what do you use? That's the biggest problem I have with the whole displays in our boys room! The constant dust! It's hard to keep up.
    I can never find my spool of fishing line when I need it, so I'm not real sure of the test strength but I am guessing 20lb or higher. I can totally relate to the dust problem. It's a never ending battle. I try to dust every Sunday, but only one or two shelves per week on a rotating basis since there is so much on the shelves. Another problem is that we have railroad tracks out back and the trains constantly come through and rattle the shelves. It hasn't affected the jets at all but I am always finding fallen figures. (despite their figure stands)

Junior Member jmsberetta@aol.com's Avatar
    amazing display, I like it

Awesomundo! Nice collection and set-up. Are you the original owner of the Terror Drome?

Corporal
    I like to keep my best stuff sealed
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  97.2 KB

Corporal
Views: 243
Size:  96.2 KB
Views: 239
Size:  95.8 KB