Thread: Any NY stores that buy collections?

Any NY stores that buy collections?

Thanks for taking the time to read.
    Does anyone know of any stores in the New York area that buy collections (2002-2008 era)? I've been looking with no luck. I've found a few online stores, but by time I would ship it all, it wouldn't be worth while.
    Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.
    Yo Joe!

Corporal
    I want to sell my 25th collection and the 30th too.im in south Florida if any one is interested.

Have you tried Midtown Comics. I think they might buy 2002-08 joes. I have seen 25th Anniversary figures being sold for $20 at their Times Square and Fulton Street locations.

Have you tried Midtown Comics? I think they might buy 2002-08 joes. I have seen 25th Anniversary figures being sold for $20 at their Times Square and Fulton Street locations.

If you want to just sell quick you can try ToyTokyo on 2nd ave between 5th and 6th st. or St. Marks Comics on 8th st. between 1st and 2nd ave. However none of the stores will give you what they're worth, best place to do it would be ebay/amazon or any online marketplace. There are much bigger buyers of collections out west like Kokomo toys who you can contact but like the stores in NY they will give you way below their worth because they need to make money reselling them to their customers so just keep that in mind. Good luck selling the collection!

Quote Originally Posted by kelty11 View Post
    Have you tried Midtown Comics? I think they might buy 2002-08 joes. I have seen 25th Anniversary figures being sold for $20 at their Times Square and Fulton Street locations.
    Thanks Kelty11.
    I did actually try Midtown. It was becoming a hassle, which I attribute to a change in their personal. In the end, they wanted me to drive out to their Long Island warehouse during a work day and bring everything I had so they could cherry pick and then pay 25% of retail cost. I had resolved myself that I would take a loss on the items, but it was just poor communication from them and I felt like they were sending me in circles as they would not be clear with me on what they wanted even though I provided a detailed list with condition of each item.
    Last edited by a2d_amoore@yahoo.com; 09-22-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sygil View Post
    If you want to just sell quick you can try ToyTokyo on 2nd ave between 5th and 6th st. or St. Marks Comics on 8th st. between 1st and 2nd ave. However none of the stores will give you what they're worth, best place to do it would be ebay/amazon or any online marketplace. There are much bigger buyers of collections out west like Kokomo toys who you can contact but like the stores in NY they will give you way below their worth because they need to make money reselling them to their customers so just keep that in mind. Good luck selling the collection!
    Thanks, I'll give those two a shot.

I just have too many items that I need to get rid of and ebay would take too much time and effort, that I don't have these days. I just want to get rid of the bulk and not at a complete loss if possible. I was even willing to take Midtown's offer of 25% retail, before they started acting flaky.
    As far as dealing with individual ebay buyers on each and every item, figuring shipping costs, etc. , it's just not something I can do right now.

I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by a2d_amoore@yahoo.com View Post
    Thanks Kelty11.
    I did actually try Midtown. It was becoming a hassle, which I attribute to a change in their personal. In the end, they wanted me to drive out to their Long Island warehouse during a work day and bring everything I had so they could cherry pick and then pay 25% of retail cost. I had resolved myself that I would take a loss on the items, but it was just poor communication from them and I felt like they were sending me in circles as they would not be clear with me on what they wanted even though I provided a detailed list with condition of each item.
    Sorry to hear that. I know they recently moved their primary warehouse from Long Island City in Queens to Long Island, but they should have asked you to bring you stuff to one of their retail collections.

Just be wary that I've heard that the employees of St. Marks are kind of odd/ rude. It is a dingy little store smack dab in the middle of gentrified St. Marks Place and Astor place near Cooper Union.