Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 100

Thread: Fss 3.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member bigbri101@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bessemer, Alabama
    Posts
    7

    Fss 3.0

    anyone know if or when the 3.0 FSS is gonna start? Missed the first 2 due to severe health issues. don't want to miss the next one

  2. #2
    Banned autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Arkansas-Texas
    Posts
    46
    I am sure they will

  3. #3
    Junior Member bigbri101@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bessemer, Alabama
    Posts
    7
    I hope so. likeing what I have seen so far with 1.0 and 2.0

  4. #4
    I'm hoping maybe we'll find out more at JoeCon in April. I'd keep your eyes posted for that!

  5. #5
    Private First Class ryan13771377@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Portage La Prairie Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by justin@generalsjoes.com View Post
    I'm hoping maybe we'll find out more at JoeCon in April. I'd keep your eyes posted for that!
    I know I will keeping my eyes on all the info that comes out of the con. Can't wait for FSS 3

    I do have a question for you though Justin. I know you and the other guys on WOJM have discussed at various times that due to licensing rights it maybe very hard for the club to do an ME version of Piper or SGT. Slaughter even if the fan demand might be high for them. It got me thinking since the club offered a particular version Slaughter ( 2006) and Piper was a club exclusive to begin with anyway , could the FSS in your opinion be an option for these figures if they were based on these designs instead of Hasbro ones, at least in the case of Slaughter,

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan13771377@hotmail.com View Post
    I know I will keeping my eyes on all the info that comes out of the con. Can't wait for FSS 3

    I do have a question for you though Justin. I know you and the other guys on WOJM have discussed at various times that due to licensing rights it maybe very hard for the club to do an ME version of Piper or SGT. Slaughter even if the fan demand might be high for them. It got me thinking since the club offered a particular version Slaughter ( 2006) and Piper was a club exclusive to begin with anyway , could the FSS in your opinion be an option for these figures if they were based on these designs instead of Hasbro ones, at least in the case of Slaughter,
    I guess it's possible, though I don't know all of the legal ramifications of it. I believe the Club was able to do Slaughter because it was a limited run exclusive and not mass retail, I'm not sure if that loophole (if it is a loophole) still applies or not.

    It's quite possible that now that Mattel has the WWE license (and not Jakks) that it would be far more difficult for anyone affiliated with Hasbro/G.I. Joe to capitalize on that loophole again. And the Club needs Hasbro final approval to do it, so if Hasbro legal is skittish about it, they might not allow the Club to do it regardless.

    That's all just hypothetical on my part, though.

  7. #7
    Private First Class ryan13771377@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Portage La Prairie Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by justin@generalsjoes.com View Post
    I guess it's possible, though I don't know all of the legal ramifications of it. I believe the Club was able to do Slaughter because it was a limited run exclusive and not mass retail, I'm not sure if that loophole (if it is a loophole) still applies or not.

    It's quite possible that now that Mattel has the WWE license (and not Jakks) that it would be far more difficult for anyone affiliated with Hasbro/G.I. Joe to capitalize on that loophole again. And the Club needs Hasbro final approval to do it, so if Hasbro legal is skittish about it, they might not allow the Club to do it regardless.

    That's all just hypothetical on my part, though.
    Thanks for the response. I know its a question that gets asked a lot with regards to Slaughter or Piper but being that the club did have that loophole once the FSS might ( at least my theory) be that vehicle to get them out especially with the fan response to the original Piper( seen high prices for it on ebay a little while ago) and what looked like there would have been an attempt to do a second run of Slaughter after SDCC that year.

    Again, thanks for your input and taking time out of your schedule to answer what has most likely become the most asked question around. I look forward to WOJM and to your figure reviews on GeneralsJoes.

  8. #8
    Private First Class rent1374@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    houston texas
    Posts
    12
    if the club reads this can you all recreate the figure ICE CREAM ....this was a cool fig. a suggestion for the FSS 3.0

  9. #9
    Private First Class LAIDYKASH@YAHOO.COM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mo.
    Posts
    2
    Hello everyone, I don't know about you guys and galls.
    But the puny arms on Roadpig & Roadblock, are pissing me off!!!
    These guys have massive arms, they really need to fix this!
    If we start complaining they might do some thing about it.
    Lets band together if you agree.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan13771377@hotmail.com View Post
    Thanks for the response. I know its a question that gets asked a lot with regards to Slaughter or Piper but being that the club did have that loophole once the FSS might ( at least my theory) be that vehicle to get them out especially with the fan response to the original Piper( seen high prices for it on ebay a little while ago) and what looked like there would have been an attempt to do a second run of Slaughter after SDCC that year.

    Again, thanks for your input and taking time out of your schedule to answer what has most likely become the most asked question around. I look forward to WOJM and to your figure reviews on GeneralsJoes.
    I hope the Club finds away to do Slaughter too. He was so important in the cartoon/movie/comics and so few collectors could get the SDCC figure.

    I am not an expert either, but I know there are times you can use a trademarked property if you are not making money from it or using it to promote another product. If that is the case, maybe Sarge has a shot to be the 13th figure sometime. The 13th figure is technically a free bonus for signing up so the Club is not making money off it, and no one knows in advance so it is not like they would be using Slaughter to promote the FSS. Still a long shot, but maybe...

    To differentiate a new Slaughter from the SDCC one, they could use new parts from Retaliation Roadblock. Or go with the Slaughter's Marauders color scheme to match the BBTS 7 pack.