Views: 994
Size:  101.0 KB

Supplies ShackName:  IMG_0064 (2) - Copy.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  90.2 KB

Croc Master & Jungle B.A.T.s Name:  IMG_0061 - Copy.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  97.8 KB

Table currently measures 6 feet by 3 feet (with room to add more) Name:  IMG_0053.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  101.3 KB

Junior Member ahopkins4140@gmail.com's Avatar
    Nice job, very talented. The set-ups look very realistic and not thrown together... like mine.

Private First Class mlandvick@gmail.com's Avatar
    I love the whole set up!!! Wow!! How big is that actually??? Can you share your construction process? Maybe an article for the magazine?
    Jones Boys
    "We named the dog Indiana..."

The overall diorama measures 6' feet by 3' feet and is comprised of four slabs of styro-foam that were glued together using a hot glue gun. Each slab measures 1" thick by 18" wide by 3' feet long and cost approximately $9 each at the Joann Fabrics. The jungle floor is comprised of 3 pieces of Sheet Moss which come in rolls that measure 3' feet by 2' feet and cost around $16.00 per roll at Joann Fabric. The Sheet Moss was permanently glued to the foam with hot glue. The "trees" are plastic/vinyl shrubbery and were purchased at various stores like Hobby Lobby, and The Flower Factory. They vary in price based on size and usually range between $4 - $10. (It is best to wait for sales and coupons). The background is made of cheap 20" x 30" foam board from the dollar store and pasted over with scrapbook paper that pictures pine trees which I also found at Joann in the scrap booking aisle. I estimated that the entire project cost around $100 dollars to build the jungle (not including the toys). It would have cost much more but I was very patient over a six month period and limited most of my purchasing to when 40-50% off coupons were available.

I've been working on something similar and a good place to find some of those plants, sheet moss, and foam boards is the Dollar Tree. They sell 1ft x 1ft squares of the stuff for a buck a square. Although the foam boards they sell are the thin ones that are only about a quarter inch thick...not that great for building a solid base but I have used it for throwing together quick structures....

Today was the 1st day it has been warm enough to go out and spend time in the garage in a long time and I have been anxious to set up my new Red Shadows figures for a month! Name:  IMG_0332.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  102.9 KB