Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 MAN OF ACTION 12-inch Membership Figure!

Exclamation 2014 MAN OF ACTION 12-inch Membership Figure!

2014 MAN OF ACTION (12-Inch Vintage Style Action Figure)

The MAN OF ACTION is one of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club FREE Membership Incentive Figures for 2014!

This FREE figure will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that chooses the 12-inch figure option and whose membership is active by March 16th, 2014. There will also be an add on accessory set with box and uniform available for purchase so you can complete this great 50th anniversary figure!

Name:  freefig12inch2014web.jpg
Views: 8103
Size:  81.8 KB

{Image depicts prototype, final version may vary}
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 11-19-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Logo update from Hasbro!

Simple but effective, I like it!

Exclamation 2014 MAN OF ACTION 12-inch Accessory Set!

Also, here is a preview of the add on accessory set with box and uniform that will be available for separate purchase from the Club Store in 2014. These great accessories allow you to complete the great MOA 50th anniversary figure!

Name:  2014MOAweb.jpg
Views: 4087
Size:  39.9 KB
    {Image depicts prototype, final version may vary}

Gold dog tag, nice touch!

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    This is why I'm an Adventure Team man, but one question still remains...

How much scratch for the Add-on? 2013's surpassed the club membership cost, which is silly.

Private First Class

Not what I had hoped for

I can't say that I'm particularly excited about yet another Man of Action figure with hard hands. I thought the 50th anniversary would have resulted in something either nostalgic and/or something really original.

I would have liked to see a modern take on the army nurse (or any female figure), the Intruder, an Eagle-Eye, or even Super-Joe. If they had made this MoA a talker, that would have at least been something.

I think that the club kind of dropped the ball on this one. Oh well, maybe we'll get something more exciting next year.

Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu View Post
    This is why I'm an Adventure Team man, but one question still remains...

How much scratch for the Add-on? 2013's surpassed the club membership cost, which is silly.
    We don't know yet as we don't have final costs from the factory. Also, these are VERY short run and they do cost a lot. If they could be cheaper, they would be.

Thanks!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by tmahaney@admin.umass.edu View Post
    I can't say that I'm particularly excited about yet another Man of Action figure with hard hands. I thought the 50th anniversary would have resulted in something either nostalgic and/or something really original.

I would have liked to see a modern take on the army nurse (or any female figure), the Intruder, an Eagle-Eye, or even Super-Joe. If they had made this MoA a talker, that would have at least been something.

I think that the club kind of dropped the ball on this one. Oh well, maybe we'll get something more exciting next year.
    This is a figure we have been asked for a lot and we felt it would be appropriate to round out finishing all of the AT reproductions on the 50th. Thanks!

Brian

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    I've been looking into the other forums (joecustoms) and, they seem a bit unenthusiastic about the 12" figure. They say that it's lazy, and the accessory set contains things that every collector has. They also say that the cost of one of these can equal a vintage of the same type. While their last point may be true, ok, their 2nd and 3rd points are true. So I'd suggest an additional add on. Something really special, that embodies the feel of the early 70's. Though not a child of that decade, I've done my research, so I know that the early Man of Action used both sets from the Adventure Team, and remainders of the Soldier/Sailor/Pilot/Marine lines.

To make a long story short (too late), an interesting set involving both Adventure accessories and slightly militant accessories. Perhaps a take on "Infiltration," or Espionage" or something. Camoflage Jacket and pants with a web belt (with canteen, sidearm), rifle, knit hat, evidence (of MARS' involvement in some bad things). Just an idea. Not too exciting, I know you guys can do better (than my idea).
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 11-18-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by brian@funpubinc.com View Post
    This is a figure we have been asked for a lot and we felt it would be appropriate to round out finishing all of the AT reproductions on the 50th. Thanks!

Brian
    Agreed. I need this figure to complete my Club figures of Land, Air, Sea, Adventurer, Astronaut and the black and white talking Commander's. Nice work!

Poor though is the 50th logo on the T shirt. That looks totally RAH. The T should have a 100% 1964 related logo.

Going forward I'd love to see an "Adventures of" line up including Aquanaut. ...and the Japanese Imperial.

Please!