Thread: Would you buy a G.I.JOE Game done like skylanders or disney infinite?

Corporal

Would you buy a G.I.JOE Game done like skylanders or disney infinite?

I'd love to see Hasbro market a open world expandable game with collectable figures done like Disney's infinite line, Just imagine the in house add ons, From other toylines in Hasbro's rich history this would be a marketing goldmine In my humble opinion.

Assemble some of the original voice actors, think of the expansions, G.I.JOE vs. Transformers, M.A.S.K., Jem and the Holograms, Action Man, Battleship, Centurions, Visionaries, C.O.P.S., Sky Commanders.........Adventure Team add on set!....so many possibilities, I realize Hasbro doesn't want to copy any other brand out there, but I'm looking at the Disney Infinite game, first it was Disney characters.....then popped up marvel, now they're bringing star wars into the game, Hasbro has been a dominate force to be reckoned with, in the 90's Hasbro bought galoob, and kenner.......Making Hasbro one of the Best Creative Brands out there, I would love it if Hasbro would make a collectable game with characters, These could be ....now please hear me out.....done like the comm tech chips on episode one star wars figures, Essentially making All of the brands accessible to the videogame, Some figures could be packaged with vehicles and the stands themselves are the chip for the game, so when you bought the vehicle the vehicle would be in the game because the figure came with said vehicle..........Who else would be on board for this?......Thoughts, comments? Hasbro....Could Call it UNIT-E The Game!

Yes, in fact it is the future way of getting kids involved.

If the figures were just little statues like those other games, no. If they were real GI Joe figures with normal articulation and accessories, I would worry about the price point. The Skylanders, Infinity, and Amiibo figures are already more expensive than Joes without the features of modern Joe figures. I wouldn't want to buy a $50-60 game and then pay $15-20 each for figures to use them in the game. I would rather see a stand alone video game that didn't require additional purchases to unlock things.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher

Corporal
    jfaria, this is where Hasbro can take the lead, Hasbro is a leader in Games, They could give fans both new and old modern figures, but the stands themselves would be the game pieces, the price points could be made competitive, bringing in gamers and fans, building a larger fanbase, and growing the brands.

^_____ exactly!

I'm not saying this idea wouldn't work at all, the question was "would YOU buy them?" and without more information, I doubt I would.
    I like collecting GI Joes and I like video games, I'm just not sure I want them mixed. I don't like buying other games if they feel stripped down or 'incomplete' and require me to purchase figures or DLC to have a complete game. The retaliation figures were $11-12 without a video game chip. If adding the chip pushed the cost even higher it might be too expensive for some people.
    looking for:
    vintage Capt Grid Iron helmet and football grenades
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher

Private First Class
    I would buy this in a heartbeat. Then i would buy new figures weekly my son would love this!!