GIJCC Forum Guidelines!
The goal of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Forum is to promote the activity of discussing G.I. JOE. It is a moderated forum sponsored by Fun Publications, Inc. for discussing all aspects of G.I. JOE. It is a friendly social network for GIJCC members around the world.
The forum guidelines for posting are important and should be read and accepted before you choose to participate. The GIJCC Staff encourage contributors who are courteous, polite and respectful. We discourage those who choose to behave in a disrespectful and/or irresponsible manner. Posting rude or sarcastic remarks as well as any other abuse of this forum will be not be tolerated. The GIJCC Staff and volunteer moderators will take appropriate steps to ensure discussions adhere to these guidelines.
In general, we will leave it to you, the community, to manage your own conduct. We ask that you treat other forum participants with respect. Please remember that our forum is read by many people of all ages, from around the world, spanning all walks of life.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a forum discussion post, you may discuss that with the author of the post. Cite the appropriate portion of the guidelines if necessary. You may also use the ‘report’ option to notify us of any problems or if you would like a moderator to look into a specific topic.
Forum moderators are generous volunteers that give up their time to help build a better community. Occasionally, our forum moderators will need to use their discretion to determine the best course of action. The GIJCC Staff has entrusted these volunteers to do what is best for the global community, including regional communities, when appropriate. Volunteers assist with focusing topics of discussion and will gently enforce guidelines, as needed. They can edit/delete posts, move, close or delete topics, and temporarily moderate users’ posts. Our moderators are equipped with "flak jackets" and have the ability to ban users. Do not attempt to engage them in written combat.
Discussion forums are moderated to preserve the spirit of an open, interactive discussion without offending participants. Please understand that we are not attempting to censor any messages or opinions. We (GIJCC Staff, and the volunteer moderators) reserve the right to edit/remove inappropriate messages, or to lock a discussion thread. Before taking any of these actions, a moderator will attempt to steer the discussion back to the topic, if this is possible and appropriate. The additional step of editing or deleting a post will only be taken in appropriate circumstances. Again, the intent is not to censor legitimate discussion or to change the meaning of any post. If we edit your post and you do not like the changes, notify us and we can delete your post. Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted include those containing profanity, chain letters, auction listings and other spam postings, those disclosing the private information about another community member. Other examples are included below.
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when creating a thread or commenting on a topic:
1. Forum Courtesy: Please treat GIJCC Staff, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or five thousand posts, they should be treated fairly.
2. Foul Language: Any foul language and/or obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family-friendly. All forum posts must conform to a family-friendly standard and contributors must act accordingly.
3. Personal Attacks: Any personal attacks and/or inflammatory behavior (including libel, sarcastic or derogatory comments) will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a company, person or idea will not be tolerated and is subject for removal.
4. Duplicate Accounts: This is an account made by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously or padding votes. Use your own account for posting personal opinions and voting in the forum. Posts from duplicate IP addresses may be deleted and both the fake and actual account may be banned from using the services of the GIJCC.
5. Keep On Topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion of G.I. Joe. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that veer off topic may have comments deleted or closed by a moderator.
6. Private Discussions: When a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users --- we ask that you please use the Private Message feature that is provided through the GIJCC forum. Any personal trades or classified advertising should be done outside the forum. Please note that the GIJCC is not involved in any related private transactions.
7. Spam: Posting the same message, auction listings, or an unsolicited commercial message, to one or many topics or boards is considered spam. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board. Moderators can take action when a thread should be moved to a more appropriate section.
8. Unauthorized Items: The GIJCC is an official licensee of Hasbro, Inc. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote the showing of unreleased/unannounced, prototype and/or custom cast product images. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of these items will not be permitted. Notwithstanding the above, the GIJCC reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of this type of content as historical reference, in its sole discretion.
9. Polls: Official Club member polls and/or surveys may be conducted by the GIJCC Staff only.
10. Copyrights: If someone has posted copyrighted material or otherwise illegal material, please notify the GIJCC Staff so that we may take appropriate action.
Tags for this Thread