Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 souvenirs

Banned
    Yep, the all-in cost of the chopper was $182. Steep, but I paid it because it was such a nice piece.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iamcanadian@sasktel.net View Post
    I thought we'd get to preorder a carded Mindbender this year since were able to preorder a carded Cross Country last year.
    The club personnel at the show said carded Arctic Mindbender will be available in the online store later this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manolive@hotmail.com View Post
    Sorry bro, those prices aren't even possible when attending. I paid the club $168 for the chopper, and $83 for each of the vehicle sets. Extra paint apps and flying them in jacked the price. A complete set of extras started at $600. Good news is the Tiger Hawk didn't look sold out Sunday afternoon. So hopefully if you watch the store like... Well, a Tiger Hawk, you can get one without extra markup.
    It did sell out Sunday afternoon, too.

Banned
    I don't mind the scalpers. They are a natural market reaction to high-priced, exclusive items. Secondary markets are a reflection of healthy interest in the GI Joe brand.
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 04-15-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by cdtweasel@aol.com View Post
    On sunday I found out that many of the 3 packs were missing the file card for Skystriker. When I checked it turned out I too had an extra Alpine filecard, however the info booth had no more to swap out. Given that it seems to have been a problem for many people, is there any chance of the club making a new run (if there aren't extras lying around) of the skystriker file card for those who were unable to get one?
    Just got home and found the same problem. Hopefully start of next week once everyone gets back to Texas and settled in we can get some solutions. If it was straight up missing I might be OK with it, MIGHT. But what am I going to do with 2 Alpine cards?

Could handle it like Sideshow Collectibles does. Send a picture with with problem(i.e. show all three file cards you have: Frostbite, Alpine, Alpine). Then they send you a new piece.

Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders@hotmail.com View Post
    It did sell out Sunday afternoon, too.
    Did it? We left at like 2 to grab some lunch and I thought I saw some. I guess they sold out before we got back for the drawing.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kelty11@verizon.net View Post
    I think we should submit a petition to club for carded versions of Skystriker, Frostbite and Bazooka - Because of the usual fiasco with souvenir figures most will never have a complete ME Tiger Force Team. At least there is still hope for Roadblock, Tripwire, Ripcord and an actual Dusty.
    They'd have to change sky strikers head if they did tripwire though... Or give tripwire a new head with a removable helmet (or both)

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by manolive@hotmail.com View Post
    Just got home and found the same problem. Hopefully start of next week once everyone gets back to Texas and settled in we can get some solutions. If it was straight up missing I might be OK with it, MIGHT. But what am I going to do with 2 Alpine cards?

Could handle it like Sideshow Collectibles does. Send a picture with with problem(i.e. show all three file cards you have: Frostbite, Alpine, Alpine). Then they send you a new piece.
    I wonder how many were messed up... I'd be upset, not EVERYONE does file cards, but I HAVE to have them

Private First Class
    Absolutely loved Frostbite for some reason. looking to trade for another one, or find one somewhere that isn't being scalped ridiculously high. I liked all the figures really but I always do. It's a ton of fun setting up all the Tiger Force members, adding Shipwreck and Airtight from the FSS 2 and I found a Tiger Force Duke at the convention floor and got an extra TF Recondo in a trade that I slapped a Flint head and ammo belt on to make an updated Tiger Force Flint. Lot's of fun! Really wish I had an extra Fronstbite though...hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com View Post
    I wonder how many were messed up... I'd be upset, not EVERYONE does file cards, but I HAVE to have them
    Yeah, I like file cards. Would rather have them than not. But I don't need them. Yet I fully understand and accept that other guys, like yourself, NEED them. That's why of the three sets I got(1 for me, 2 for other guys) I let them have the complete sets. Still, for $86($31 each after tax)? These really need to be complete. On the other hand, seems there's always some kind of disappointment from JoeCon. If this is all it is, I'll be happy. Usually it's a whole figure I'm missing

Quote Originally Posted by charles.phillips@penske.com View Post
    ... got an extra TF Recondo in a trade that I slapped a Flint head and ammo belt on to make an updated Tiger Force Flint. Lot's of fun!
    Ooo, hadn't thought about making that Flint upgrade. I might look into that. I really like the newer arms.