Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Island/Rio Lindo by Crocmaster 97

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I am interested in making dips like this (if I can figure out where they will go) but I am curious, does the moss/dirt ruin he figures at all? Does it not get I. Between the joints or stain the feet or get stuck in the battle stand holes in the feet?

And that is why we collect these little 4" plastic men. To do totally cool stuff like that!!

Awesome work on that dio Croc!!

ps- Did you really cut a Croc Master in half for the "water rising" shots or did youuse some really fancy camera angles?
    25% Red Lasers / 25% Blue Lasers / 50% Knowing

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com View Post
    I am interested in making dips like this (if I can figure out where they will go) but I am curious, does the moss/dirt ruin he figures at all? Does it not get I. Between the joints or stain the feet or get stuck in the battle stand holes in the feet?
    I used a grass mat and painted it and added bits of moss as it dried. I wanted the board to be flat so I could pose as many Joes as possible. Also no, nothing gets stuck to any of the figures feet or joints.

Quote Originally Posted by arock1922@yahoo.com View Post
    And that is why we collect these little 4" plastic men. To do totally cool stuff like that!!

Awesome work on that dio Croc!!

ps- Did you really cut a Croc Master in half for the "water rising" shots or did youuse some really fancy camera angles?
    Yes, I did saw a Croc Master in half just for the dio. I had an extra Croc Master I used a part for a custom on and really had no other use for the figure. Nice to turn a figure in my parts box into something useful. Also if you look close at that Croc Masters arms you can see drips of water, for that effect I used Woodland Scenics water effects.

Name:  Message board pics 3 120.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  56.4 KBName:  Message board pics 3 121.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  50.6 KBName:  Message board pics 3 122.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  47.5 KBName:  Message board pics 3 125.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  51.4 KB

My attempt at a dio story.

Corporal
    Cool, I like it.

Private First Class
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I could look at pictures of this with all the different scenarios and teams all day long. This is why I love this hobby. Sitting here this morning, drinking coffee looking at joes...so much fun! Thanks again for sharing.

The water looks great! Well worth the investment.