Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set - 10th Figure Preview!

Private First Class firebaseryan@comcast.net's Avatar
    I Really Like this Figure. Very happy.

Banned
    I wonder how that knife and scabbard will look on the final figure. Looks like it's photoshopped onto the prototype image to me.

Private First Class
    Best figure so far! He looks amazing!

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Head sculpt, though photoshopped, looks nice. ..sigh.. I was really looking forward to this figure but I just don't feel like it hit its mark. So no, it's not the best figure. That title will have to go to lifeline, which nailed it completely. Still, the head sculpt is quite good.
    Isn't the target on the mask supposed to be on the other side though?

Quote Originally Posted by iamcanadian@sasktel.net View Post
    Isn't the target on the mask supposed to be on the other side though?

The original Metal Head had the target on the left side of his goggles but the original card art had it on the right like the new figure.
    Last edited by arock1922@yahoo.com; 03-06-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arock1922@yahoo.com View Post
    The original Metal Head had the target on the left side of his goggles but the original card arthad it on the right like the new figure.
    Ok, I went and looked, but versions 1,2 and 3 all have the target on the left. Just the card art for version one shows it on the right. Just sayin'

I like this figure, with the IG ranks now growing I really hope the club will look into putting out a vintage deco Darklon in FSS 4.0. The 2011 Darklon is way out of most peoples price range and I would not pay that much for a figure that is not vintage accurate anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rew97@live.com View Post
    I like this figure, with the IG ranks now growing I really hope the club will look into putting out a vintage deco Darklon in FSS 4.0. The 2011 Darklon is way out of most peoples price range and I would not pay that much for a figure that is not vintage accurate anyway.
    But I don't see MH as being vintage accurate here. I was hoping, and he needs, his original missle pack, It's so iconic that it's almost its own character. Plus the webbing looks out of place to me and I really hate those knee pads. I really like the head sculpt though and I think the lower legs fit well but that's it. The torso is OK but is it really the best one? IDK thats just how I feel about him, maybe I was expecting too much.

Quote Originally Posted by rew97@live.com View Post
    Agreed 1000%!

Quote Originally Posted by iamcanadian@sasktel.net View Post
    Ok, I went and looked, but versions 1,2 and 3 all have the target on the left. Just the card art for version one shows it on the right. Just sayin'
    I usually do my due dilligence but I completely missed versions 2 & 3. Thanks for calling me out on that.

Still I think this is the prize of the set with the surprisingly good looking Iron Anvils a close 2nd.