Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set - 9th Figure Preview!

Exclamation 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set - 9th Figure Preview!

Name:  TFbutton.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  52.4 KB

The Tiger Force special operations unit needs a field commander with lots of guts and firepower to battle the Iron Grenadiers. His experience has shown him that "Generals may win campaigns, but it's the sergeants who win the battles."

Visit the official 2015 GIJoeCon website and click on the Con Exclusives menu button to check out the sixth Tiger Force convention exclusive action figure included in this year's 3 3/4-inch box set!

I'm not real keen on the Retaliation Duke legs, as they are a bit short. And for whatever reason the legs seem a bit too feminine to me. Maybe it’s the shorter length plus really small, tight shoes. Or maybe I'm just crazy. (?) Love the head though! Really glad we finally get a true-to-form Stalker profile. But the best part? A SOPMOD M4 in BLACK! Yes!!!

Private First Class
    Finally A figure from the set that looks pretty solid. Like the fact that we get a new head sculpt and after 30+ years I think this is the first time we can remove Stalker's hat. The 4 part backpack is also a nice addition. Two more figures to go. Hoping they are just as good or better.
    My ratings so far:

Wreckage- B+
    Lifeline- B
    Big Brawler- C+
    Iron Anvils- A-
    Stalker - A-
    Undertow- B
    Undertow Officer - B
    Dial Tone- C+
    Recondo- B
    Last edited by science_mrk@yahoo.com; 03-03-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot one character

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by science_mrk@yahoo.com View Post
    Finally A figure from the set that looks pretty solid. Like the fact that we get a new head sculpt and after 30+ years I think this is the first time we can remove Stalker's hat. The 4 part backpack is also a nice addition. Two more figures to go. Hoping they are just as good or better.
    My ratings so far:

Wreckage- B+
    Lifeline- B
    Big Brawler- C+
    Iron Anvils- A-
    Stalker - A-
    Undertow- B
    Undertow Officer - B
    Dial Tone- C+
    Was going to do my own rankings, but realized you nailed it completely. Nice!

Stalker is an A- for me because of the ugly yellow TF deco and unnecessary machine gun; Recondo's subdued coloring would have been great for his legs, making this a must have for me. As it is, I 'm keeping him, due to great parts choices, new noggin, AND removeable beret.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
    VERY nice

Private First Class firebaseryan@comcast.net's Avatar
    Nice figure

It's a great figure for people looking for something reminisce of later figures in the G.I.JOE line (i.e. anything after '94.) .but the fact being that the figure IS from later down the original line. If they could only put some originality in certain figures um...important figures... people 'wanted' or definitely overlooked ... G.I.JOE could always score a "MUST HAVE 10+" with collectors. So knowing that I give this figure a GREEN 5 out of 10!

Really digging the Stalker. Very well done! loving the Iron Anvils as well. Really hope they come with chutes! I think this is going to be an exciting first set for this new member. Looking forward to hanging out at Con this year!

Stalker is the best figure in the set. Too bad he doesn't include his kayak from 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by science_mrk@yahoo.com View Post
    My ratings so far:

Wreckage- B+
    Lifeline- B
    Big Brawler- C+
    Iron Anvils- A-
    Stalker - A-
    Undertow- B
    Undertow Officer - B
    Dial Tone- C+
    Recondo- B
    My ratings are not that far- off:
    Wreckage-A+
    Dial Tone- B+ (should have the dark TF style)
    Recondo- A+
    Lifeline - B+
    Big Brawler - C
    Sgt. Stalker - A- (Can't wait for FSS 4 Talking Battle Commander recoloring, hint, hint)
    Undertow-A+
    Undertow Cmdr -A+
    Iron Anvil A+