Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set - 8th Figure Preview!

Exclamation 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set - 8th Figure Preview!

Name:  TFbutton.jpg
Views: 3295
Size:  52.4 KB

The Tiger Force special operations unit needs some brute force of their own to re-capture the billionaire's tropical island. When this soldier is behind enemy lines, he uses whatever is at hand to provide the team a victory!

Visit the official 2015 GIJoeCon website and click on the Con Exclusives menu button to check out the fifth Tiger Force convention exclusive action figure included in this year's 3 3/4-inch box set!

Huh. A parts combination I was not expecting---especially the head. Quite interesting. The Red Dog head certainly makes him look different, but in a good way.

Private First Class scdenny74@hotmail.com's Avatar
    WT heck...it you are basing him off of the 2003 TF version...why isn't he a red head? Very anticipated to see this figure, very disappointed with the finished product. It's Red Dog with a different uniform. As soon as you see him- it says RED DOG RED DOG RED DOG RED DOG...why did you guys settle on this...The RED DOG face was so individual with that growl expression- not something that should have been re-used. At least you could have made him a red head...what a let down.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Body looks good but the pants need some camo. Should have used a different or new head sculpt though.

I think the head works as long as the skin tone ends up a little lighter to differentiate him from Red Dog. Dark hair is fine too. Every other Big Brawler had dark hair. The question should be why did they change the v2 figure to red.

I dislike the Bazooka torso more, the mid torso joint is in a really weird place, but I still like the figure.

Private First Class firebaseryan@comcast.net's Avatar
    Yeah it's funny, I'm used to the Big Brawler from the two pack in the early 2000's. He has dark hair. For me this figure works too.

Quote Originally Posted by jared.vitosh@gmail.com View Post
    I think the head works as long as the skin tone ends up a little lighter to differentiate him from Red Dog. Dark hair is fine too. Every other Big Brawler had dark hair. The question should be why did they change the v2 figure to red.
    He originally had red hair because he was supposed to have been Outback in the set, but because Hasbro legal had some copyright snags using it, they had to change it to Big Brawler at the last minute. That's also why they did a running change from red hair to black.

Thanks Shadowcat. I didn't know that about Outback, I was just going off what was actually released. Still, I think of black hair on Brawler not red, so this figure works fine.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat01@hotmail.com View Post
    He originally had red hair because he was supposed to have been Outback in the set, but because Hasbro legal had some copyright snags using it, they had to change it to Big Brawler at the last minute. That's also why they did a running change from red hair to black.
    Ok that makes more sense now. Went and checked out the variant photo and I can see this head working, without the headband. And that's removable. I thought for sure he would get a new head sculpt though. Man my expectations for Metal Head are getting real high now!

Private First Class
    This figure just comes across as a bit odd. Not really what I was expecting. I really hope Mayhem and Metal Head get the new heads in this set because I have still yet to be wowed. However, I have a feeling that General Mayhem will get the Voltar head and helmet.
    Last edited by science_mrk@yahoo.com; 02-28-2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: want to add to it