Thread: 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set 3rd Tiger Force Figure Preview!

Exclamation 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set 3rd Tiger Force Figure Preview!

Name:  TFbutton.jpg
Views: 3419
Size:  52.4 KB

When the Tiger Force special operations unit is called up for a top secret mission to re-capture a tropical island, this next team member is always ready to battle Destro's Iron Grenadiers in any environment!

Visit the official 2015 GIJoeCon website to check out the third Tiger Force convention exclusive action figure included in this year's 3 3/4-inch box set!

I’m extremely disappointed with the build. With the exception of the arms and head (the only good choices), the rest of the body remains simply the 25th Recondo complete with all the flaws of the then-untested 25th body parts. We’ve come a long way since the 25th---almost a decade out, so none of that inadequate tooling should ever be used again. So now, when compared to guys like Big Brawler who will likely be made up of a Retaliation Roadblock body, Recondo will seem diminutive with incorrect anatomical proportions. Again, I’m shocked that a better build wasn’t used, especially since there are a plethora of parts one can use to make a great updated Recondo. I do like his deco as it looks like that was based on the concept colors before he was changed to the hues of the actual toy. But that still doesn’t take the sting out of a bad figure with good deco.

Private First Class firebaseryan@comcast.net's Avatar
    I like this figure. I like that he's a throwback to the one that appeared in the sales ad so many years ago. I'm also happy that the club went with this head as well.

Everybodies on the 'ROAD TO VICTORY' with this RECONDO build... He wasn't on my TOP TEN assuming he would have been the same color as the TIGER FLY one...but considering what might become of VARIANTS ...because somptintodo with the other RECONDO still being team complete...

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
    One thing I LOVE about the modern era figures are the removable pistols/holster set up, so far it doesn't appear any of the current figures have this attribute, (possibly wreckage, but hard to tell) will any of the figures have this small but GREAT touch included?

Banned
    Looks like Recondo just granted your wish...

I like the updated arms on Recondo, a big step up from the Duke arms on the 25th version. However, maintaining the 25th head was a great idea as this Recondo has the ability to look up, something his POC counterpart cannot claim.

Great Head on an otherwise so-so figure.

Quote Originally Posted by rew97@live.com View Post
    I like the updated arms on Recondo, a big step up from the Duke arms on the 25th version. However, maintaining the 25th head was a great idea as this Recondo has the ability to look up, something his POC counterpart cannot claim.
    Come to think of it, it was the upper body which caused POC Recondo to always be looking down. Still the 25th head is a great choice for the figure.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I think he looks great (hope the pants are a little darker in hand) and I think the 25th recondo body was a better choice over the ugly poc version. Nice nod to the unproduced version of TF recondo.