Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set & 2nd Figure Preview!

Banned
    Looking forward to seeing what some of the Grenadiers look like. Having them as the enemy group was just the icing on the cake.

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I like Dial-Tone, but I too think it's odd we are getting him so soon after the first two. Also, the torso really could have been different, but I understand the club has constraints. I just really hope the remaining figures have a plethora of new tooling to make up for the obvious lack of new parts on these first two joes.

Quote Originally Posted by kelty11@verizon.net View Post
    Dial Tone is a great choice. Judging from these forums he is one of the most- requested reissues.
    Well said. I can't believe all the complaints to the club for putting out an exact repaint of a figure who goes for well over $200 on the secondary market. I myself am not a huge fan of the Tiger Force concept in general, but I am glad it gives collectors another chance to add a great looking Dial Tone to their collections, and it may drive the prices down on the vintage deco DT by a few bucks which is good news for those who still hope to aqquire him.

Private First Class firebaseryan@comcast.net's Avatar
    I completely agree with you Crocmaster97. I don't have either of the other two versions so I am happy to get him in this set. I too like the Tiger Force team and it was one of the subteams I was hoping we would get this year or in the near future. So I'm happy.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I think he looks good, suprised with the new paint scheme, but I think it turned out good. Boots are a little odd though. I was surprised with Wreckage but I understand why he's in here and he looks pretty good too. Was hoping for more of the 80's Tiger Force though. Worried that the ARAH guys are gonna be the 2 and 3 packs.

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    No more green guns. Black or black with gray/silver please. Green really take away from detail and looks cheap.

Definitely an interesting choice. The idea of using the Toys "R" Us exclusive template, but keeping the colors vintage manages to kill two birds with one stone. The color combination isn't grabbing me at the moment, but sometimes once I get the figures in hand, my mind changes.

I agree with you all about the gun color, i thought we learned our lesson from the mid 90's joes. Black, grey, or silver where appropriate like with a dirty harry magnum. In the box set that Wreckage came in he had black guns based on firefly's weapons. But judging from the color scheme it looks like they took everything from the unreleased "Sabre-tooth" figure instead.
    I hope people stop complaining about Dial tone, it's true it's soon after the first 2 club figures but some of us including myself never got the chance to get either the mission Brazil or the club figure so I am happy to see him in another release. I may be the only one but I happen to like the color choice for this Tiger Force Dial Tone over the original box set one with the blue arms... blue was never part of tiger force, if he was in Slaughter's Marauders then I could see it.