Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set & 2nd Figure Preview!

Exclamation 2015 GIJoeCon 3 3/4" Box Set & 2nd Figure Preview!

Name:  2015RAHboxWEB.jpg
Views: 39541
Size:  50.0 KB

Tiger Force is a special unit within the G.I. Joe team that is called up for top secret and highly dangerous missions. Their latest operation is to re-capture a tropical island from Destro's Iron Grenadiers. Tiger Force uses the colors yellow and black to signify they are hungry to fight and ready to attack!

Visit the official 2015 GIJoeCon website and click on the Con Exclusives menu button to check out the second convention exclusive action figure included in this year's 3 3/4-inch box set!

Hmm. Not sure if the decision to do "threesies" on Dial-Tone was a good idea. With the membership figure and SM:Brazil not that long ago, this slot probably could have been better utilized on someone we haven't gotten yet instead of someone we'll now be getting thrice. Yeah, it's trying to mimic the 2003 TRU TF set to an extent, but TF has so many members, that different offerings could be made up of characters that don't overlap. I would have even been cool with fem Dial-Tone for outside the box thinking. But this coupled with yet another IG set also being offered for a third time makes this seem uninspired. But on the positive note, I love the commo backpack finally done in tactical black. Been waiting 25 years for that to happen, so only if I get DT for equipment, that's at least something.

It's a very poor choice not to update the figure. I'm not happy about Tiger Force repaints, but they would have been more palatable if they had some new tooling...

Junior Member amaraljustin@hotmail.com's Avatar
    hopefully the club changes up dial tone with diffrent tooling and colors like they did for hit and run.
    and a diffrent box art would be nice...even if its just the TF logo on a black background. this one just looks like a 2nd grade cut out collage.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
    I like wreckage, dial tone is OKAY but I agree, new tooling for the body sculpt would definitely improve him a lot, keeping the same head makes sense for consistency though. I am curious to see the metal-head and undertow updates, these are two I've been waiting for for a while... And curious to see if they finish off the grenadiers maybe with a TARGAT 3 pack or something

Dial-Tone: Not happy with this one. Torso is a bad choice, I remember DT as the guy in the sweater vest with some suspenders across his chest with grenades and various kibble, not 4 WWII pineapple grenades and a shoulder pad. Are the legs at least the same length? Bronze boots? Lack of the TF blue he was known to wear? I don't know for the cost of a boxed set I was expecting less repaints. What happened to the effort put into the 2012 set for example?

Dial Tone is a great choice. Judging from these forums he is one of the most- requested reissues.

^___ yeah, but those in the forums want the original color one for under $200 because they missed it the first time around. I also see a lot of requests for Slaughter Marauders Footloose for the same reason. And believe me as soon as you get the blue, green, and brown update they will complain. It is just what they do...

Would have been better if they used the Mission Brazil mold and kept the blue sleeves.

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com
    As far as legs being the same length, I can't tell from the pics, but I will say, I am not a fan of the legs on him... They look funny on the body with baggy pants... Judging by pics, I like my original mold dial tone.