Thread: Will Hasbro be at Joecon 2015?

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar

Will Hasbro be at Joecon 2015?

Joecon 2014, in Dallas, was my first con as an attendee. I dragged my reluctant family along; and we had such a great time, that now my wife actually wants to go to Joecon 2015. I could go on and on about how amazing Joecon was, but there was one noticeable thing missing; and that was an official Hasbro presence! It may be too early to know; but, will Hasbro be at Joecon 2015? I certainly hope so. Will we get an answer? Does Hasbro do a panel, when they show up?

Banned
    If they don't show it will be a complete slap to the GI Joe community.

If they did not show up for the 50th I do not see why they would show up for the 51st. They do not seem to care if the joe fan base finds this troubling.

The new flyer indicates that they will be there this year.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    So what questions would you all ask Hasbro?

Does Hasbro know how long the plastics they use will maintain their structural quality?

I've always wondered if they have any idea how long the shelf life of a modern figure is. 32 years has left some ARAH figures extremely brittle and fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net View Post
    So what questions would you all ask Hasbro?

Does Hasbro know how long the plastics they use will maintain their structural quality?

I've always wondered if they have any idea how long the shelf life of a modern figure is. 32 years has left some ARAH figures extremely brittle and fragile.
    Really? All my vintage stuff feels no worse for wear, of course all my stuff is kept in a windowless room and never sees the sunlight.
    Last edited by rew97@live.com; 12-15-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Banned
    Does anyone have a good line or theory on what the convention set will be this year? I've been wanting Tiger Force for years. Hoping this is the time they finally do it.

the little bit of circumstantial evidence kinda points in that direction

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders@hotmail.com View Post
    Does anyone have a good line or theory on what the convention set will be this year? I've been wanting Tiger Force for years. Hoping this is the time they finally do it.
    This is your lucky year! Checkout the 2015 Convention ad in the Club's 2014 Con Comic reissue. From my perspective, not so good, I have never been a Tiger Force fan. I would have preferred Star Brigade, Sky Patrol, DEF, Action Force or so many others instead of Tiger Force.