Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New club member, long time collector convention question...

Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com

New club member, long time collector convention question...

Hello fellow Joe collectors. I was curious as to how getting the exclusive figures at the cons works. When does registration usually begin an end and how exactly do we find out about all the details?

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    They'll let you know when registration starts, usually after the first reveal of convention exclusives.

Souvenirs are a bit of a different price I think, figures and sets made to compliment the set, usually sold at the Club's table for a seemingly high price, but you can probably find them after they're sold out for double that easy.

Ty for the info. I was told that you could register and pay a little extra and have boxed sets sent to your house, is this true or was this person pulling my leg? I hope so because I probably won't be able to make the convention this year because of family stuff... But I'd hope to still be able to order at least the box set ( and other exclusives if possible) for club prices even if I can't make the convention

It's true.

It's called the "Home-front Heroes" package for the 3 3/4" set, and the "Base Commander" package for the 12" set.

I don't think you get any of the souvenirs but you get some other goodies.

Unfortunately, you have to attend the Convention to obtain the Souvenir figures. Sometimes they are available in the club store after the con, but not recently. Your best shot, aside from attending the convention, would be to find someone the boards who is attending and can get the figures for you at the convention. Otherwise it's Ebay and 5x price hikes.

The trick though if you coordinate with someone who is going as far as having them get you the attendee exclusives is to find someone who is willing to sell them to you at cost of a lreasonable amount above cost. I've found one time when I didn't go with my usual on site rep and went with someone else and I ended up paying well above market price (closer to ebay pricing) for the new items I wanted.

What you might be able to do is find someone who is willing to assist with the box set and also get you the Attendee stuff since someone like that would likely be more willing to get the exclusives for you at a reasonable cost.

Wow thanks so much for the info! You really do get your money's worth with the club membership I know a few people I may be able to work something out with... My wife's family friends will be in town to come see our baby the 9th thru the 11th so I probably won't be able to go :/ but hopefully I will be able to work something out or those dates will be wrong or something. I've been buying past con souvenirs and the prices are killing me so hopefully I'll be able to work something out that isn't so pricey. keeping my fingers crossed

Private First Class alyoshas_corner@yahoo.com's Avatar
    My question to you is this: If your not willing to take the time off from work, and pay the expenses to travel, why should someone pick up the attendee exclusives for you at a "reasonable" price (near costs)? I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but I see posts like this every year, and I really want to know what your thinking.

its not a matter of taking off work.. read my post, am i supposed to tell my wife and daughter im not going with them to do family stuff so i can go to a convention? i WANT to go but cant, so if i know someone willing to hook me up whats wrong with that?

His point is, that some of the items in question are attendee exclusives, and if you can't attend, why are you trying to get them? I realize you want to go, and by relation you want those exclusives, however some things are better left as they are described. Attendee exclusives are for attendees. Get some next time.

Don't mean to sound harsh with this, imagine it being read to you by a loving grandfather-figure.