Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe: 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Exclusive Sets!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but BBTS says the Wolf is sold out and they do not look like they are offering the Social Clash set... In fact I haven't seen the social Clash site anywhere except on Toys R Us Canada and they would not let me order it ... I am in the US

I haven't seen the social Clash site anywhere except on Toys R Us Canada and they would not let me order it ... I am in the US
    I wish TRU would let US customers order from their Canadian Store. Amazon lets Americans place orders on Amazon.ca and uk.

I got my set yesterday! Straight from eBay! I'm used to paying the extra. I'm in Canada but can't wait all the same. So I'll share some images with you. I know you'll enjoy them!!

Junior Member amaraljustin@hotmail.com's Avatar
    i dont think the social clash or the snowjob and bat sets are on the canadian toys r us site anymore! i check this morning and couldnt find them!

Here are a few more! It beats waiting in a TOYS'R'US line anyday!!

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I got Battle Below Zero at TRU in L.A. Was pretty easy. Walked in, they had a few on the shelf, I bought one. Scalpers should be wary of the manager. That guy has my respect, as he can spot a scalper a mile away and refuses to sell more than two (2) of each item to the same person.

Private First Class gijoeguru@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I bought two of the SDCC variant sets of "Danger at the dock" from ebay. I know it was a bit of cash to go out for a $30.00 set but it would have cost me a lot more than that to drive or fly from one coast to the other and back just to get a $30 set. So the Ebay guy made a profit, about 300% profit but at the same time saved me money and provided me a service I was willing to pay for.

I say that to say this, One was purchased to open and the other to keep MISB. I chose the lesser condition box to open. I assembled the Vamp and found that the rear gas can rack was defective as it was not fully formed, the left "hook tab" had no hook to it and will not stay in place, so no gas cans on my vamp.

Does anyone know if Hasbro will replace that part? I really don't want to modify the set and really don't want to open my second one.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Based on a previous post about a Flint with a pretty defective paint job and Hasbro's response to that, my best educated guess would be that they won't care. But trying to contact them wouldn't hurt. I've always had the most success sending an email with a picture or two.
    25% Red Lasers / 25% Blue Lasers / 50% Knowing

I bought two of the SDCC variant sets of "Danger at the dock" from ebay. I know it was a bit of cash to go out for a $30.00 set but it would have cost me a lot more than that to drive or fly from one coast to the other and back just to get a $30 set. So the Ebay guy made a profit, about 300% profit but at the same time saved me money and provided me a service I was willing to pay for.

Does anyone know if Hasbro will replace that part? I really don't want to modify the set and really don't want to open my second one.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
    I went around and around with them about the defective Flint figure and they finally agreed to send me some kind of coupon for a discount on a future HASBRO toy purchase. The coupon has not arrived yet and I don't know what the value of it will be or if I will ever actually receive it. Be prepared for an argument that will likely last 2-3 business days if you contact them by email like I did. In your case I would recommend starting with their 1-800 number and try describing the malformed piece.

I received the 2-packs, 3-packs and Regular edition Danger at the Dock set from BBTS yesterday. I have to say that they look fantastic. I haven't opened them yet so this judgment is based on just a cursory glance. I'm glad to finally have the spectacular Low Light figure (thank you Hasbro for including every accessory that came with the POC version). HEAT Viper is an excellent companion to the other 1989 troopers that have released by Hasbro and the Club. I really like the Viper Officer and the homage to the 1998 TRU Viper set. Leatherneck and Destro are both huge figures, similar in stature to the club NF Repeater. I also found the paint applications on Flint to be somewhat better than on the SDCC version.

I can't wait for the Wolf/ Ice Viper and the 2nd wave of 2-packs.