Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe: 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Exclusive Sets!

Cool G.I. Joe: 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Exclusive Sets!

Name:  50th-banner.jpg
Views: 45479
Size:  28.6 KB

Check out the list of G.I. Joe: 50th Anniversary sets in the July issue of the Club magazine!

We already have reports of these sets hitting Toys "R" Us stores on the West Coast. Use this thread to post your findings and display images.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by Commander_Lane; 07-25-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Can't wait for these. Especially Danger at the Docks (both versions), Low Light, HEAT Viper, Leatherneck and huge Destro.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Hasbro is doing SOMETHING for the 50th. But this is the 50th of the 12" figure, not RAH. We've celebrated RAH at every turn.

But for the 50th of the 12" figure? We got a couple Kre-O figures. More than a little disappointing to someone who has supported both Hasbro and the Club over the years.

Regards,
    Bill

http://forums.yojoe.com/news/143551-...-incoming.html

I know it is still ARAH, but the above are aimed at both. The real reason ARAH is always front in center is popularity plain and simple. The 12" figures just are not as popular, so there is not as much demand, which means less incentive to offer options. Yes, without the 12" there would be no ARAH, but without the 80's ARAH there would be no 50 years of GI Joe...

There should be a combination of figures both ARAH and 12in. I'd love to see a super articulated Adventure Team figure for this monumental anniversary. Looking forward to low light though.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Hasbro is doing SOMETHING for the 50th. But this is the 50th of the 12" figure, not RAH. We've celebrated RAH at every turn.
    I love both scales, but this is the 50th Anniversary for the 12inch figure. Hasbro is just making things confusing for collectors. The 50th Anniversary of RAH will be in 2033!! (I don't want to even think about that).

I agree that Hasbro should have combined the series like they did with the 3.75 figures for the 30th in 1994.

The argument that 12" collectors don't buy things is absolute rubbish. The problem is Hasbro puts out 12" figures with 5 points of articulation (for the movie), and then it sits on a shelf. The fact 12" collectors won't buy that garbage is "proof" to Hasbro that 12" collectors won't buy figures. It simply isn't true.

There is no denying the popularity of the little fellas. Only a fool would do so. But there has literally been nothing for 12" collectors since the 40th line and a couple of figures put out as part of the 30th annniversary of RAH. In reality, RAH is lot of repackaging and not a lot of "new" that goes on.

I'm not trying to debate 12" vs 3.75". My point is that it is very disappointing to see nothing, aside from the Club Con set, celebrating the 12" line. Nothing.

Regards,
    Bill

Hey Guys... please do not debate subjects that are not part of this thread topic. We have other sections that you can create a new discussion topic. Thanks for understanding.

Sergeant
    My problem is that TRU is already selling these on its Canadian website. Why are US customers always the last to be invited to the party? We have to hunt shelves for the places stocking these while other countries can already order them direct from a website. What bunk.

Corporal iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    My problem is that TRU is already selling these on its Canadian website. Why are US customers always the last to be invited to the party? We have to hunt shelves for the places stocking these while other countries can already order them direct from a website. What bunk.
    I am very happy that I can order the 50th sets from their website because I would have to travel 200 miles to reach one TRU store. Where in Chicago you can hit approx 165 TRU stores in a 200 mile radius. In fact there are more TRU's in your area then in western Canada, so that's probably the reason for the items being up on the Canadian site before the American site. I realize it still doesn't seem fair, but they might do that to justify all the brick and morter TRU in the States. I was hoping to see the SDCC set offered on the Canadian site, but only the States got it, so you actually got "invited to the party" first on that set.

I actually ordered through BBTS because they had them listed first, so one of everything without having to plan a day trip.