Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G.I. Joe 3 Movie Updates!

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Find someone bigger than the Rock to focus on, I dare ya lol.

Plus, you know good and well how this works. Find something that kinda sells...and milk it as long as possible.

Please keep discussion relevant to actual G.I. Joe 3 news.

You know, they say that no one is dead in the movie unless you see them dead....I didnt actually see duke dead. It would be cool if he was captured and taken to the arena of sport or something like that, like the first episode of the series. I would also like to see something like the pyramid of darkness as it would require the film to take place in multiple sets and require A LOT of joes. Also since scarlett, ripcord , heavy duty and breaker were not in the 2nd movie they could be part of the 2nd team. There would also be joes in space too. If a movie were made of this scale it would also provide an avenue for more toys like the USS Flagg and the Defiant. I would also like to see Shipwreak introduced as well.

TBH i wish they would just start over again from the top. I was very disappointed with the character development in both movies and the second one brushed off so many main characters it was really sad. Destro is "off the team" and gets left in a tank? Duke going out so easily in the beginning while he's whining about life, not his character at all. Whatever they do for this third one they need to completely retool the entire thing. This is why I think it would make a better series to just start again. I don't mind if they kill off characters but do it properly and don't kill of so many of the main group.

Corporal
    Destro wasn't off the team, The commander Used James to build Cobra, his usefulness had expired...hence out of the band.....The 2 big things that I think need to happen for the third Joe film, are as follows......a large story done like the original 5 part mini series (with lots of good actors and a really great plot. 2......More retail support, that's the bottom line, Get Joe back in stores, not just in the toy isle, but on lunch boxes, beach towels, kites, clothes, toothbrush holders.....That's what we need....Bring in the original writing team to help flesh out the characters, it's a Hasbro film, by word Get Hasbro behind it and PUSH PUSH PUSH!!!!

Private First Class
    As much as I would like to see a good G.I.Joe movie produced, I am reserved to believe that this will truly never happen. Just like the disaster that they called "the Transformers" the modern day interpretation of the 80's franchises doesn't seem to translate well to the screen today. Also, as much as it would be great to have a lot of well-known actors/actresses playing our childhood heroes, more big names means more opportunity NOT to make money on the film. Both Joe movies really did not do well overall at the box office compared to some other comparable ideas. It might be a little better received if our main hero is not a mute, face-mask wearing ninja and maybe we need to give him thoughts or text as dialog because honestly he is quite boring otherwise. And to have Roadblock as our main character is just another "Rock" movie. Just my thoughts.

of the team/out of the band, i remembered it close enough. Anyway, bottom line I think comes down to the writing, MS.South i think the retail support would help but even all that merchandising can't save a bad film. Gnawgahyde, the first movie duke was the main character, then he kinda passed the torch to roadblock in the second but I do agree with your thoughts on the second one being another "Rock" movie. No fault of the actor it's just he does very similar roles. SnakeEyes can't really be the star, but even in the books and animated series he wasn't the focus, he was the support, which is where he is best. All that said, I don't know if I'd go to see the 3rd film, they would have to do one helluva job in those trailers to get me interested.

They need to get Larry Hama to write a Joe movie. That would be one the Joe fans would sell their pimp daddy destro figures to see, as long as they kept him close as a consultant, on the set almost every day with the director, or at least reachable while filming. Casting isn't important to me, as long as the actors are good. Good actors=success to me, not certain big names. If Larry wrote a GI Joe reboot movie, I'd bet it would be a smash hit for anyone, whether they're Joe fans or not! Look at the Marvel 80's sales (according to the Silent Interlude hardcover)-GI Joe was the best selling title. Why? Largely because of Larry's writing. He's also one of the reasons the toys were so big for kids. Give Larry a chance, Hollywood!!!

Private First Class
    Millennial Joe??

Hasbro Exec:
    “The world has changed, and I think you’re going to see G.I. Joe changing with it,” he said. “There’s going to be a much more contemporary approach to the whole franchise, and that will allow us to develop different characters.”

Davis added: “We hope to create a head snap. It’s a different kind of ‘Joe’ — one that still resonates with ‘Joe’ fans but brings in an uninitiated audience and expands the audience internationally and domestically.”

Just read this today:

http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...321-story.html

So it looks like we're getting what we all have asked for the last 5+ years. A new GI Joe, for today's kids.