Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe 3 Movie Updates!

Exclamation G.I. Joe 3 Movie Updates!

As 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Dominates on Blu-ray, DVD and China Box Office: 'G.I. Joe' Pulls in $33.5 Million in First Week!

The writer who wrote "Snow White and the Huntsman" has nabbed the coveted gig of penning the third installment of Paramount and Hasbro’s G.I. Joe franchise.

Source...http://The Hollywood Reporter
    Last edited by Commander_Lane; 07-01-2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Writer/Director change!

Private First Class firechief420@gmail.com's Avatar
    Good to see they are making progress with the next film.
    I'm curious to find out which Joes will be returning. Are there any characters from Rise of Cobra that anyone would want to see come back in the third movie?

I was sadly disappointed that they killed off so many core characters in the 2nd film - Duke, and presumably Scarlett, General Hawk, Breaker, Heavy Duty and so on. If there is indeed a 3rd film I hope that they will have a little more regard for the characters that we all grew up with and not kill them all off so indiscriminately. Having said that, I would like to see classic characters like Shipwreck and Gung-Ho and Rock & Roll brought to life in the next film.

I think if there are any characters that deserve a return in a third movie, Scarlett is at the top of the list. It sounds like from various interviews, Chu left it pretty open about whether or not she truly died, and I'd think they could work her back into the universe pretty easily. But I really hope they maintain the exact same character and don't just use the "Scarlett" name for a different person like some interviews made it sound like they might consider.

Junior Member chris_decobre@rocketmail.com's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else, but I feel compelled to voice my opinion. Sure, retaliation was a big success on Bluray and DVD, but the only reason I watched it was because of the title. It seems to me that Paramount and Hasbro ran scared after Rise of Cobra film and felt compelled to utilized iconic actors to draw in the tickets and sales. I don't understand why Duke, Snake & Storm were the only returning actors and I see no rationalization in killing Duke off other than a conflict of screen time with "big paid actors". At least the first film seemed to have a larger pool of characters and paid some homage to other (Cover Girl, SGT Stone, etc.). I cannot recall any that were recognized in Retaliation.

My son was 'finally' attracted to Joe through the Renegades series and now, all that remains on the big screen are Cobra Cmdr, Snake, Storm, and Roadblock. He gets a little confused, as he is a huge fan of the Mummy franchise. It’s great that Hasbro is introducing more characters, but imagine if Empire Strikes Back only had Vader, 3PO, R2 and Luke as the carry-over actors. Not sure that it would be anywhere near as successful. Just Saying.
    I’m sure that everyone in Hollywood and Rhode Island knew what they were doing and w2hy, but come on! Look at the plot of the Retaliation movie and tell me how familiar this sounds…

Accused of a crime they didn't commit, a ragtag band of fugitives fights a covert battle to clear their names and expose the insidious enemy that is... Cobra. Some call them outlaws. Some call them heroes. But these determined men and women think of themselves only as "Ordinary Joes". And this is their story.

We’re most likely not going to get a third season of Renegades, so will we really be that upset if everyone calls it quits with the movie franchise and considers it a win-win? It certainly wouldn’t bother me at all. It’s better to be satisfied with what we have than to run the most likely risk that we’re going to be even more confused and upset later down the road?! Personally, I would prefer three or more seasons of cartoons/animation to another big-screen disappointment. Just Saying.

Update from Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura says he's 'really excited' about the story idea in place for the upcoming 'G.I. Joe 3'.

He revealed that the fundamental concept behind the Joe team’s next adventure has already been settled on; whether or not it’s the same story idea as that featured in the previous script draft penned by Evan Daugherty is still unknown.

Jonathan Lemkin Tapped to Write 'G.I. Joe 3' and the upcoming third installment will focus on Roadblock.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/...#ixzz36QF7h2l6

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Lane View Post
    Jonathan Lemkin Tapped to Write 'G.I. Joe 3' and the upcoming third installment will focus on Roadblock.
    Again? Not to be dissin' Roadblock, but we just had his movie. Unless 3's about him finding more Joes to fill out the ranks again, let's focus on someone else.
    These go to Eleven...