Thread: Who is General Mayhem?

Who is General Mayhem?

IF someone with better knowledge could testify I'd be glad to read their testimony. I've read both Iron Bear's and Mayhem's file cards and I'm not convinced.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktober_Guard
    General Iron Bear- General of the Oktober Guard team from the 2012 G.I. Joe Convention set. General Iron Bear later defects to Destro and renames himself "General Mayhem."[19] The action figure of General Iron Bear is based on the likeness of Hasbro Toys' Global Brand Manager VP, Derryl DePriest.

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Grenadiers
    General Mayhem – A former Spetsnaz general who went AWOL. Returned as General Mayhem and Destro's new general. His plans may seem chaotic and unorganized, but they usually come together to ensure victory. As hinted at in the 2012 Fun Publications G.I. Joe vs Cobra #5 comic; and by G.I. Joe Club staff member and comic writer David S. Lane, General Mayhem was originally former Oktober Guard leader, General Iron Bear, who defected to Destro after the Soviet Union collapsed into the "New Russia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktober_Guard
    General Iron Bear- General of the Oktober Guard team from the 2012 G.I. Joe Convention set. General Iron Bear later defects to Destro and renames himself "General Mayhem."[19] The action figure of General Iron Bear is based on the likeness of Hasbro Toys' Global Brand Manager VP, Derryl DePriest.

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Grenadiers
    General Mayhem – A former Spetsnaz general who went AWOL. Returned as General Mayhem and Destro's new general. His plans may seem chaotic and unorganized, but they usually come together to ensure victory. As hinted at in the 2012 Fun Publications G.I. Joe vs Cobra #5 comic; and by G.I. Joe Club staff member and comic writer David S. Lane, General Mayhem was originally former Oktober Guard leader, General Iron Bear, who defected to Destro after the Soviet Union collapsed into the "New Russia."
    I need to weigh in, since my name is erroneously included in that wiki entry. I want to clarify that whom ever posted those entries added false information.

The Oktober Guard Leader: General Iron Bear and the Iron Grenadiers Infantry Commander: General Mayhem are not the same character.

You mean something on the internet is not true...lol! Good to know and thank you for the clarification...

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Lane View Post
    I need to weigh in, since my name is erroneously included in that wiki entry. I want to clarify that whom ever posted those entries added false information.

The Oktober Guard Leader: General Iron Bear and the Iron Grenadiers Infantry Commander: General Mayhem are not the same character.
    Thanks Commander Lane, This is what I was hoping would appear in response to my request for evidence.

The nice thing about Wikipedia is it can be corrected- well sort of, I tried. Formatting is a little off from the rest and my citation is in the wrong format, but the info is correct now..

Corporal
    All I want is for his first name to be Miles.......COUGH.....COUGH!!! V.E.N.O.M.

Arock, this one is right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamgod7140@hotmail.com View Post
    Arock, this one is right up your alley.
    Thanks for the confidence that I'd know this one.

Even before Commander_Lane clarified that Big Bear is NOT General Mayhem, I still would have doubted it for the sole fact that their bios don't match up. Even though Iron Bear's name is listed as "classified", the birth places are different and I think birth places are a good indicator of just how much Intel the Joes have on someone. It's not uncommon for a birthplace to be "unknown", yet someone's name be identified.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by arock1922@yahoo.com; 03-29-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    25% Red Lasers / 25% Blue Lasers / 50% Knowing

Quote Originally Posted by arock1922@yahoo.com View Post
    Thanks for the confidence that I'd know this one.

Even before Commander_Lane clarified that Big Bear is NOT General Mayhem, I still would have doubted it for the sole fact that their bios don't match up. Even though Iron Bear's name is listed as "classified", the birth places are different and I think birth places are a good indicator of just how much Intel the Joes have on someone. It's not uncommon for a birthplace to be "unknown", yet someone's name be identified.

Just my 2 cents.
    To honest Arock1922 I myself was skeptical back after the 2012 convention when people on another forum (after all the club forums I don't think technically existed back then) voiced the idea that the two Generals were one and the same. I of course was highly skeptical in part because of the difference in birthplaces. In fact I had tried to privately ask Commander Lane but when it didn't work I had issued the quoted challenge above that was a response to a statement made by a poster in an unrelated thread (which caused things in the other thread to run off topic and lead to most of the posts relating to it to be spun off to this topic.)

There are some things that come up in Fanon that people run with and before long get mistaken for canon and this is one of those things which we later learn is not canon but just fanon that almost went viral.

I can think of one other instance but I won't mention it here.