Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 12 -- G.I. JOE FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER: BOMBSTRIKE

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Personally, I think this figure looks more "military" than the original figure. I like the black undershirt. It makes the brown vest pop. Is she as big breasted as the original? No. Does it really matter? No.
    The last three figures shown have really been some of the best this time around. I hope the figure chosen for the 13th spot is equally well executed.

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Not entirely sure that I like this figure. I think the original Bombstrike looked a lot better. Maybe a bit bulky, but she looked good. This figure looks almost like a completely different character. That's just my opinion though. Maybe she'll look better when the final product is released? The original figure was cuter, looked more like a 'Joe. This one has an almost sinister look to her. Don't get me wrong--it's a good sculpt and good figure, just not what Bombstrike should look like in my opinion.

neet looking... those look like Lady Jay Arms.... HOPE they're the newer ones that have wrist articulation, and not the older ones which did not.

What is everybody complaining about? This is a fantastic figure. I personally never liked the original.

I absolutely love this figure. The head sculpt is amazing. The "crease" mentioned by others is fine. If it's a scar, great. I think it's actually meant to reflect the cheekbones and beauty in her face. WELL DONE!

The reason she was 'voluptuous' before was because it was a chunky o-ring figure. Really?!? Wow, a lot of pre-conceived notions of what a character should look like that has never been in any media. I loved the original figure and to me this one looks just like her. Theres no crease on her face, its a smile you crazy loons! Guess theres not that many other smiling GI joe figures.. Its weird how theres so much criticism of this figure of an obscure character. Because shes a girl shes selling for the most money on the second hand market yet everyone has an issue with her and not with the lackluster crimson guard or the re-do night force.. You guys sure are not picky when it counts.

I believe the term "laugh lines" would account for the supposed crease on her face.

I don't think it's a smile or a scar, it looks more like she's got a ****y smirk on her face.

Still recovering from Botcon so I missed the discussion on the last couple of reveals but I have to say Funpub saved some of the best (and least controversial) for last! I don't really have anything to critique on Repeater, Slice, Big Ben, Crimson Immortal and Bombstrike (would I have liked a t-shirt? - Yes, is it a deal-breaker? - NOT AT ALL).

Quote Originally Posted by kelty11@verizon.net View Post
    What is everybody complaining about? This is a fantastic figure. I personally never liked the original.
    Absolutely. This is a terrific update for the character, so much better than the original figure.