Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 11 -- COBRA ELITE VANGUARD: CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL

He's a cool looking figure on the surface, but I was never a fan of Crimson or the Crimson Guards, so he doesn't hold any special place for me. I also disagree with making troop builders in the FSS for the obvious reasons. This should have been the Crimson Guard Commander; who was an individual, but I understand why he was included in the FSS. I also agree with some of the other posts that his colors are too bright and flamboyant, and ugh, there are those silver guns again. I would not want to be this guy operating in sniper territory. Or any territory that wasn't red and silver for that matter...

Private First Class dgarlit@gmail.com's Avatar
    This was the figure I was most excited about. I'm not a fan of the silver weapons and sure, maybe I would have made the helmet shorter but overall I love this. This is a great, modernized representation of the Immortal. They're the Crimson Guard's heavy infantry, they don't want to be camouflaged, they're bad to the bone, they know it, and they flaunt it. That silver/grey vest and different helmet (as with the chest armor in the original) should strike fear into their enemies. Shock and awe! While I know many folks want near reproductions of older figures, I actually really enjoy some new takes on characters. I'm sure I am the minority but that's what I love to see, taking a character and modernizing it a bit while still paying homage to the original. I think they've done a great job of that here. I'm new to the club though and this is my first FSS, so maybe I'm not sure what the specific goals of FSS are. All I know, is that I love what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by dgarlit@gmail.com; 06-24-2014 at 10:11 AM.

WOW!! Just Fantastic. Would love to see this in a Black Shadow Guard uniform at some point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cdtweasel@aol.com View Post
    The original had black weapons, not yellow.
    Incorrect. The launchers were black. The missiles, themselves, were a gaudy yellow that did not appear with any other crimson guard figure ever.

Banned
    This is the one I'm talking about. Apparently produced in India. http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/ind-cgimmortal.shtml
    Either way, silver is better than both black or yellow because ceremonial appearance is such a huge part of the Crimson Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders@hotmail.com View Post
    This is the one I'm talking about. Apparently produced in India. http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/ind-cgimmortal.shtml
    Either way, silver is better than both black or yellow because ceremonial appearance is such a huge part of the Crimson Guard.
    and you are both right -the one above in the link above is the fun skool version and this link goes to the 1991 American version http://www.yojoe.com/action/91/cgimmortal.shtml

Private First Class dgarlit@gmail.com's Avatar
    Oh and I absolutely echo people's thoughts on a troop builder pack. I would def buy multiples of this one if I could.

Wow! I was looking forward to this figure but the reveal makes me want a duplicate. Is there metallic paint on the figure and vest, or just the vest, or is that something I'm only seeing?

Yeah. Really like this guy. Spot on with this one!

It doesn't get any better than this. This is the best of the FSS right here. This and Slice.