Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 11 -- COBRA ELITE VANGUARD: CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL

Quote Originally Posted by jedijones77@yahoo.com View Post
    .I think the biggest problem is the vest. The original figure had a simple, tight, symmetrical, muscular pattern to his chest armor. He looked like a lean, mean warrior with a simple, functional, yet strong, durable outfit. This vest is too bulky and cluttered to be regal-looking and looks too flimsy and loose to suggest the strength that the name "immortal" implies. I think either the torso from Arctic Destro or Retaliation Duke would've been a better representation of the original character. And the shoulder pads could've been carried over from either of those figures to also better reflect the original.
    Here's where the club can't please everyone. That is the exact vest used on the concept case figure and if they had done what you suggest, people would complain that it wasn't close enough to the concept case figure like they did with Hit and Run. Someone is upset either way.
    I think the figure looks pretty cool, but I will admit I don't have any particular attachment to the Crimson Guard or this particular figure like I do with some others.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jared.vitosh@gmail.com View Post
    Here's where the club can't please everyone. That is the exact vest used on the concept case figure and if they had done what you suggest, people would complain that it wasn't close enough to the concept case figure like they did with Hit and Run. Someone is upset either way.
    I think the figure looks pretty cool, but I will admit I don't have any particular attachment to the Crimson Guard or this particular figure like I do with some others.
    Yup. I agree. I just enjoy the club's modern interpretation of the figures. If I wanted exact copies then I'd seek out the originals or try and make my own. I can't wait for the card art.

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I think he looks fantastic. The club has done a great job with this one. Whereas I don't mind the silver/grey weapons, I have to wonder why y'all didn't go with black for the launchers like the original.
    I really would like to get more than one of these guys because they look so nice. Keep up the great work.

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me the idea behind the crimson guard immortal? What makes him immortal? As a kid I never understood what was different about him versus an older Crimson Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by gi_eddo@yahoo.com View Post
    Can anyone tell me the idea behind the crimson guard immortal? What makes him immortal? As a kid I never understood what was different about him versus an older Crimson Guard.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immor...ersian_Empire)
    "Herodotus describes the 'Immortals' as being heavy infantry, led by Hydarnes, that were kept constantly at a strength of exactly 10,000 men. He claimed that the unit's name stemmed from the custom that every killed, seriously wounded, or sick member was immediately replaced with a new one, maintaining the numbers and cohesion of the unit.[3]"

That's who I assume they're named after and probably have similarities to.

Banned
    The SILVER WEAPONS are great. I always hated the YELLOW missiles on the original. This fits in much better with the overall Crimson Guard red & silver aesthetic. And the flag is just icing on the cake. Well done!

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders@hotmail.com View Post
    The SILVER WEAPONS are great. I always hated the YELLOW missiles on the original. This fits in much better with the overall Crimson Guard red & silver aesthetic. And the flag is just icing on the cake. Well done!
    I agree. the silver looks fantastic. These figs are getting better and better.

Private First Class
    Question for the Club: Is there any way you could make this figure available as a troop builder for those of us who have subscribed to the FSS? Bagged 3-packs maybe? I'm sure if this became an option you'd have no problem selling them. It seems a shame that in order to get multiples of CGI we'd have to order more sets or pay an inflated price through online dealers.

Great job btw, personally I think this is the best FSS yet.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmjordan@gmail.com View Post
    Question for the Club: Is there any way you could make this figure available as a troop builder for those of us who have subscribed to the FSS? Bagged 3-packs maybe? I'm sure if this became an option you'd have no problem selling them. It seems a shame that in order to get multiples of CGI we'd have to order more sets or pay an inflated price through online dealers.
    Or in 3-pack Army Builders of Previous FSS series with a slightly different variation- Say One Nano-BAT, One Desert Scorpion, and One CGI perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders@hotmail.com View Post
    The original had black weapons, not yellow.