Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 11 -- COBRA ELITE VANGUARD: CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL

Exclamation FSS 3.0 Preview 11 -- COBRA ELITE VANGUARD: CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL

Name:  FSS3CGimmortalWEB.jpg
Views: 34845
Size:  72.2 KB

COBRA ELITE VANGUARD: CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL
    - 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
    - Based on Version 1 Action Figure from 1991
    - Features NEW Head Sculpt*
    - Includes Cobra Logo Stand, Assault Rifle,
    Removable Combat Vest, Dual Launcher with
    Rockets, Crimson Guard Flag

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

Private First Class
    This is glorious!

You need to at least triple the amount you produce with these guys, they are a troop builders dream!

Very nice indeed.

This CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL with that SILVER REFLECT VEST is something I've been waiting for...and creams the old one by a landslide!!

Junior Member jtfowler78@gmail.com's Avatar
    Wow! So much like the original and yet so much better. You should include a crimson cape. Cuz he's got that awesome Vader look.

Very nice.

Private First Class
    The original was one of the best figures of the early '90s in my opinion. This one tweaks the design a bit too much for my tastes and makes the character seem flashier and more flamboyant instead of being a tough, lean, mean trooper.

Maybe it's a Photoshop problem, but the red on the helmet is a flat red while the red on the body is very shiny. The red on the helmet works much better. The shiny red makes it look too much like a toy. And Crimson Guards in the Joe line have a very established flat red color that this one should stick to for consistency's sake.

I know the head sculpt isn't changing but I would have preferred the short, stubby look the original had on both the card art and the figure. This one flares out on the sides like Darth Vader's helmet in a much more flamboyant fashion. The original helmet's style looked more imposing and functional for battle.

I think the biggest problem is the vest. The original figure had a simple, tight, symmetrical, muscular pattern to his chest armor. He looked like a lean, mean warrior with a simple, functional, yet strong, durable outfit. This vest is too bulky and cluttered to be regal-looking and looks too flimsy and loose to suggest the strength that the name "immortal" implies. I think either the torso from Arctic Destro or Retaliation Duke would've been a better representation of the original character. And the shoulder pads could've been carried over from either of those figures to also better reflect the original.

It's not a bad figure, but other than the similar face it feels more like a new Crimson Officer figure than a faithful update of the Crimson Guard Immortal.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Looks better than the original. Excellent update, faithful but modern. Now I'm sold, but have to decide on one or two sets.

Don't judge the "shinyness" of the colors based on these images. That's a side effect of the photoshopping itself. Has no one ever actually made images like these? The shiny effect happens when you change certain colors into either darker or light colors. If you try to change those Snake Eyes legs into red, that's what you get. If you try to change that light blue on the Cobra Trooper to red, that's what you get. It's the same with any of the weapons that people seem to think are going to be chromed.