Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 7 -- G.I. JOE LIGHT INFANTRYMAN: HIT & RUN

Private First Class alyoshas_corner@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I'll take the version on the left in the image (concept case figure) 100% please. The concept case figure did have a greenish wash over the flesh. If you need other images to clarify, please let me know. I also confirmed this with John Warden at the show while taking pics of the figure being put into and taken out of the display cases. I took about a dozen pics of it from all different angles and with the helmet off (he's bald).

I'd also like to add that I'm not a fan of the color highlights that were added. The whole idea behind Hit & run is that he's camoed up and having silver highlights on the weapons and black blocks of detail on the figure (goggles and leg gear) kind of defeat that. I know it's nit-picking and I apologize if it comes off negative, but as you are well aware, sometimes a character calls to be "same as vintage".
    Last edited by alyoshas_corner@yahoo.com; 06-13-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Green face please.

Quote Originally Posted by nickvree@yahoo.com View Post
    If you can't see the one on the left with a green skin tone, then I strongly suggest going to an optometrist. Like, I am literally worried for your eye health.
    Feedback is awesome! Comments like this though are not necessary. If you disagree, state that, no worries. Just post your preference and leave the personal comments out of it please...

I thought I already had HIT & RUN!! COULD HE BE FROM AN ALTERNATE REALITY???

My thoughts on the figure echo those of Alyosha's. The figure on the left from head to toe would be my preference. If for some reason the body parts are not available, at least look into the option of the equipment and paint deco from the concept version.

Private First Class
    I think fans had very specific expectations when the Club referred to the 'concept case' version. (That side-by-side 'similar' post is insulting, to be honest.)

Announcing a con set Hit and Run in green without face paint would have generated less enthusiasm, but may have been better than the frustration many are feeling now.

All the Club needs to do is give us the Concept vault Hit 'n Run. The parts should be easily available. It's pretty simple.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsinclair06@aol.com View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nickvree@yahoo.com View Post
    If you can't see the one on the left with a green skin tone, then I strongly suggest going to an optometrist. Like, I am literally worried for your eye health.
    Feedback is awesome! Comments like this though are not necessary. If you disagree, state that, no worries. Just post your preference and leave the personal comments out of it please...
    I happen to be colorblind, good thing I don't offend easily.

Nevertheless...

The green skin(which I see) works for this figure in spades. If you think about in in terms of practicality, seeing a guy with green skin would kind of put you off before you, uh, shuffle off this mortal coil.

I have to agree with the majority of members here, and say that I do prefer the Hit and Run on the left, with a green skin tone. The parts used on the concept case version just scream Hit and Run.
    The accessory choice HAS to be collector focused, and giving collectors a backpack with a "play feature" like the one you have picked feels a little insulting. I believe in what the club is doing, and have defended every choice you guys have made, but this character was handed to you on a silver plater, via the concept case, and to make the changes that you have makes no sense.

I wold love to know the reasons behind the changes. You might even change my mind, but I for one would like to know what went in to making the changes.

Assault on cobra island version is way better bro. Shave a little off the inside of the elbows for better articulation and replace his hands with black gloved hands of 30th anniversary cobra trooper and he is really awesome. This figure will make a really good falcon.

Yep definitely gonna make a good falcon figure from this so if we end up with the figure to the right, I'm still ok with it. If we get the one on the left, it will be my Bruce Willis from "Tears of the Sun".........

I'm not totally in love with every figure the club puts out, but I do see all the custom potential and for that, I thank you Joe Club.
    Last edited by Stormshadow169@aol.com; 06-13-2014 at 06:02 PM.