Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 7 -- G.I. JOE LIGHT INFANTRYMAN: HIT & RUN

I thought the Concept Case use of stubble kind of dirtied up the face enough to not really need the green paint, and would go a long way in helping here, but I'd have preferred green paint too. But like Justin Bell said, I really would have liked to have seen the parts used in the concept case, especially the torso.

Have to say I took it for granted that Hit and Run would have had the green face and arm paint and must admit I am somewhat incredulous and stunned that the subscription figure will lack this iconic aspect of the character - it really set him apart from his fellow Joes, made him look incredibly awesome and dangerous.

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Why even bother making this figure if it's not gonna be done the way it should be? The convention figure didn't have face paint, and I looked past it. This is just not cool though. Hopefully they adjust the colors to include the green skin tone.

Name:  hitNrunCOMPARE.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  89.9 KB

Hello,

There appears to be some confusion about Hit & Run. First of all, please note that nothing is produced until the order period ends. The figure on the left is a photo from Hasbro’s concept case. Please note that the image from the Hasbro concept does not have any green skin tone.

The Photoshop image on the right is the version that we have mocked up for this figure. They are very similar. However if there are changes you would like to suggest, we look at all comments before the final deco is sent to the factory. Please remember that all figures are subject to change from the original concept shown due to manufacturing issues. If you would like to comment please do so in the club forum as we read all of the valid comments that are posted by the membership. Thanks for being involved in the hobby!
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 06-13-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Update with reference image!

He may not have green skin in the CC version, but you need to at least give him the chin stuble and a darker skin tone on the club version. The pre-production version has a serious case of not seeing any sun in months.

Private First Class
    I would like to see a green camo applied to his skin. I would also like Night Creeper Leader to be his version 1 orange & black deco.

Thanks for posting and accepting suggestions. First, I'd change the upper-torso to use what was in the concept case version (ultimate firefly's), same for the upper legs.

Also, the webgear from the concept case should be used, as well as the correct backpack.

Is the concept case headsculpt different than the Night Force one? If so, I'd prefer (if at all possible) that headsculpt.

In short: Make the figure on the left (concept case) as shown. Thank you.

The one from the concept case looks a little like the guy that plays Ward from Marvel's Agents of Shield...

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I can't be the only one that sees the figure on the left with a green or olive wash over his skin, right? It's not the same flesh tone as depicted in the photo at right.
    I'd actually prefer the figure to look more closely like the one on the left. I really don't like the grapple hook backpack. It's a waste of an accessory that is good for kids, but not collectors.
    The parachute pack that came with the night force version was better. That being said, I'm not as turned off by the use of parts for the figure as some others are, and actually think the Lifeline torso is fine. If you did change it to the firefly torso, that would be fine too.

The one of the left is much better, and DEFINITELY has a green skin tone.

If you can't see the one on the left with a green skin tone, then I strongly suggest going to an optometrist. Like, I am literally worried for your eye health.

the torso on the left one is much better, and the upper legs too, specifically because the camo can be painted over the 'flat' pockets.

The webgear is much more appropriate for someone with a mountaineering secondary specialty on the left version; one does not simply go rock climbing with a backpack but no harness... unless they like to fall.