Name:  FSS3vypraWEB.jpg
Views: 12924
Size:  53.7 KB

COBRA COURIER: VYPRA
    - 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
    - Based on the Version 1 Action Figure from 1998
    - Includes Cobra Logo Stand, Computer Case with Submachine Gun,
    Submachine Gun with Suppressor, Swords, Backpack

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

Nice! Better than I thought. I think she will be a favorite of my niece.

Private First Class
    This is disappointing. The main body looks like a solid blue compared to the original's cool camo pattern that faded in and out from black to gray to blue. This one looks bland in comparison. Even compared to other solid blue figures, this color choice is one of the duller blues we've ever seen on a Cobra.

Private First Class
    Its good, but not my favourite, I am still subbing though.

I like it and I'm very happy we're getting another female, but I have two issues: The deco looks a bit boring, and I would have preferred something a bit more interesting, or even solid black. But that's not really a big deal. My main gripe is, I really wish better legs had been chosen. Those Renegades Scarlett legs are disproportionate by having the upper legs too long and the lower legs beneath the knees too short. (They also look like she’s wearing tacky sweat pants with combat boots.) I remember talking to John Warden and Derryl DePriest about this and they weren’t sure how the legs got screwed up. While certainly not a deal breaker and I’m still very happy to get her, I just wish she either had the Jinx legs, or that better vetting was done for her leg choices. (Similar to the legs Muskrat and many other use, one leg is shorter than the other.)

…But of course, there would inevitably be some complaints that “She’s just a straight Jinx repaint!" if they used the Jinx legs, so you can’t please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jedijones77@yahoo.com View Post
    This is disappointing. The main body looks like a solid blue compared to the original's cool camo pattern that faded in and out from black to gray to blue. This one looks bland in comparison. Even compared to other solid blue figures, this color choice is one of the duller blues we've ever seen on a Cobra.
    I for one actually did not like the Camo to the original. I think this would fit in better with the early line as represented by Sunbow and MARVEL. I thought the original Vypra was a cheap repaint at the time and passed on it ( of course I was past my playing with days, and at a pre collecting point). This one I like and would buy on its own had I not already subscribed to FSS 3.0, and since I am buying the ME figures for my niece and nephew to play with and enjoy, I think this one will fit the bill. I can see Vypra being the new driver of the Steel Crusher...

I think this a great figure. I concur with previous the poster that she fits in perfectly with the early Joe style. She also looks similar to the Blue Ninjas from the recent IDW series. To everyone who says she is straight Jinx repaint, then what was the original if not a Jinx repaint. That figure even had all of Jinx's weapons.

Just a quick request, and I realize it is probably too late, but I have to ask anyway. Any chance of getting the Destro money packs in the briefcase for this cobra courier. She could be making a cash drop for extensive Enterprises, ARBCO, or MARS... Never have too many of those money packs...

Private First Class
    Yet another fine piece!!!! I'm so excited to get all of these-can't pick a favorite, they're all awesome!

Private First Class gi_eddo@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I think it looks pretty sweet. I never liked the original faded camo look. All of the 1998 TOYS R US figures just looked cheap in my opinion. This looks like a great update.
    Last edited by gi_eddo@yahoo.com; 06-11-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Spelling