Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 2 -- G.I. JOE MOUNTAIN TROOPER: ALPINE!

Nice new headsculpt, great color choices. I got the 25th version but wouldn't mind keeping this one as well. My only suggestion would be some kneepads or wraps but it's not a dealbreaker.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jared.vitosh@gmail.com View Post
    Edit: I just noticed in the picture there seems to be a patch on his chest kind of hidden by the rope. Is that the star logo that was used during the POC line?
    Looks like it from where I'm sitting.

I was not happy about this choice at first, but I have to say that it looks pretty good. Thankfully the colors are more muted than the pink and yellow shown in the powerpoint presentation during the convention.

I must say this will be my "go to" version of Alpine. Nicely done!

Really liking this version of Alpine. Good job!

I was never a fan of the "on vacation" VvV Alpine, especially the shorts (too casual), but at least the colors are much better now---except the white dickie---that looks a bit off, should be a different color. The head sculpt is a welcome addition, but since I already have the DVD pack Alpine, I don't plan in keeping this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat01@hotmail.com View Post
    I was never a fan of the "on vacation" VvV Alpine, especially the shorts (too casual), but at least the colors are much better now---except the white dickie---that looks a bit off, should be a different color. The head sculpt is a welcome addition, but since I already have the DVD pack Alpine, I don't plan in keeping this one.
    Yeah, what's up with the dickie? A turtleneck makes sense when someone is wearing long sleeves, but not so much here. They could have just stuck with the Kwinn torso with the t-shirt underneath. Oh well, it's a small thing. I still like the figure.

Because the dickie is white it almost looks as if Alpine is wearing as ascot. With an ascot he could be a Safari Adventurer. All he needs is a Tiger to Hunt, or Save depending on your feelings about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by kelty11@verizon.net View Post
    All he needs is a Tiger to Hunt, or Save depending on your feelings about such things.
    Lol, I'm glad you put the last part on there before PETA came to get you.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the color choice the Club went with, especially after seeing the slide from Joe Con that showed the yellow/red color scheme. I don't have Alpine yet and I'll be happy to have this one. Nice, Club.