Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview 2 -- G.I. JOE MOUNTAIN TROOPER: ALPINE!

Exclamation FSS 3.0 Preview 2 -- G.I. JOE MOUNTAIN TROOPER: ALPINE!

Name:  FSS3alpineWEB.jpg
Views: 14862
Size:  57.6 KB
    G.I. JOE MOUNTAIN TROOPER: ALPINE
    - 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
    - Based on Variant Action Figure from 2004
    - Features NEW Head with Removable Goggles
    - Includes G.I. Joe Logo Stand, Rope Bundle, Assault Rifle,
    Submachine Gun, Pick Axe, Grappling Hook, Backpack

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

Junior Member stgsteel@gmail.com's Avatar
    New Member here, quick questions about the FSS 3.0 1. Are these figures just repaints of the original toys? 2. Do they ship carded? 3. Where do we go to pre-order the set? (under the SHOP link?). Thank you for your answers.

Junior Member dave@podjasek.com's Avatar
    (1) The Club uses combinations of previously created parts along with a new part from time to time (in this case head and goggles)

(2) Yes, they are only available carded

(3) It's not up for preorder yet

Nice! I'm not sure I would have picked Alpine as my "new sculpt" homage of choice for the FSS 3.0, but I know a lot of fans have been asking for him ever since the 25th Anniversary version essentially came and went real quick. Digging the look of this one.

Another good looking figure. Body parts are not surprising, but I am glad to see he comes with a good assortment of accessories and a new head. I like it, I'm just not sure what to do with it since I already have the classic version Alpine in my modern era collection.

Edit: I just noticed in the picture there seems to be a patch on his chest kind of hidden by the rope. Is that the star logo that was used during the POC line?
    Last edited by jared.vitosh@gmail.com; 06-02-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stgsteel@gmail.com View Post
    New Member here, quick questions about the FSS 3.0 1. Are these figures just repaints of the original toys? 2. Do they ship carded? 3. Where do we go to pre-order the set? (under the SHOP link?). Thank you for your answers.

No problem Stgsteel, hope this helps.
    1. They are not repaints of the original 80s/90s/00s figures, they are "new" toys in the 25th anniversary style based on those old designs. Many of the parts are reused from recent figures (for example, most of this figure's body is from last year's Kwinn figure) and some parts are new as noted in the description.
    2. They are only sold carded with new card art (although there is an informal poll here to see if members would prefer a less expensive option sold loose/bagged).
    3. Sign up is not through the SHOP, it is a separate link the Club will post soon (was maybe going to be today, but could be later in the week). They have stated that you will have until the end of the month to sign up once registration starts.

Other facts for FSS virgins: you must buy the complete set of 12 + 1 mystery figure, you don't get to pick and choose a few you want. You do not have to pay all at once, there is an option to make 3 installment payments, but it is more expensive because there is a fee with each payment. There will be a shipping charge on top of the initial $315 price of the subscription. Once they start shipping, the figures will arrive 2 at a time each month (order of shipping is not specified beforehand). I'm sure I left something useful out, so post more questions if you need to. I have order both subscriptions so far and have been very pleased. Looking forward to #3!
    Last edited by jared.vitosh@gmail.com; 06-02-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Private First Class
    I like him a lot, great parts choice especially the torso.

Ernie Hudson as Alpine is just too cool. Hopefully the final production figure will bear some resemblance to this mock up.

Interesting choices...choosing a Venom VS. Valor Alpine... The 'WEBGEAR' is excellent and it leaves much to assume a NEO VIPER will pop up sooner or later to fit the bill! Personally,if the're going to do a Venom VS. Valor 4''ers...They might as well come in original packaging and carding too. There is no sense have VVV figures on classic cards, unless you drastically change the card art and bubble!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnow70@aol.com View Post
    Ernie Hudson as Alpine is just too cool. Hopefully the final production figure will bear some resemblance to this mock up.
    THANK YOU! I knew that head sculpt looked like an actor, I just couldn't remember his name. This does make the figure cooler.