Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview -- G.I. JOE POINT MAN: SPEARHEAD!

Yeah, I don't get why people actually want the orange. It looked stupid on the original figure and really doesn't make much sense.

I'm ok with either color, as long as it's not overly flourescent.

Quote Originally Posted by pyre@pyresdomain.net View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why people actually want the orange. It looked stupid on the original figure and really doesn't make much sense.
    I agree. If this figure had been released by Hasbro in the POC/ 30th line they would not have used orange camo. I prefer when Hasbro or the GIJCC recreate a classic character by keeping its essential, fixed look and modernizing it.
    Last edited by kelty11@verizon.net; 06-18-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kelty11@verizon.net View Post
    I agree. If this figure has been released by Hasbro in the POC/ 30th line they would not have orange camo. I prefer when Hasbro of the GIJCC recreate a classic character by keeping its essential, fixed look and modernizing it.
    Some would argue the orange is essential to Spearhead's look. And I think most of what the Club has done with the FSS is more in line with the 25th style of vintage updates rather than POC/30th recreations. I will actually be okay with the reddish brown or a dark "Texas" orange, I'm just pointing out the other side of your argument.

I am okay with whichever color they choose also. A compromise is the muted "rusty" orange in the mock up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnow70@aol.com View Post
    I'm ok with either color, as long as it's not overly flourescent.
    You mentioned that the NCL picture got changed on the Club Facebook. I think Spearhead did too. The camo looks a little more orange. Is it just me? Might just be a figment of the shrinking process.

Quote Originally Posted by manolive@hotmail.com View Post
    You mentioned that the NCL picture got changed on the Club Facebook. I think Spearhead did too. The camo looks a little more orange. Is it just me? Might just be a figment of the shrinking process.
    Yes it's hard to tell in the small picture, but the GIJCC confirmed on Facebook Spearhead's camo will be between the original orange and the brown they first showed. This was one where I think I was happy either way, but this should be a good compromise for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jared.vitosh@gmail.com View Post
    Yes it's hard to tell in the small picture, but the GIJCC confirmed on Facebook Spearhead's camo will be between the original orange and the brown they first showed. This was one where I think I was happy either way, but this should be a good compromise for everyone.
    Oh cool. Glad to hear(I have to use my wife's Facebook and tend not to linger too long ). When I first saw him I was cool with it. I thought he looked real good. But after I saw that color adjustment allew did on Page 2 I thought that was the way to go. Like biting into a delicious hamburger, then in the second bite you find it has bacon on it.