Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview -- G.I. JOE POINT MAN: SPEARHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by jared.vitosh@gmail.com View Post
    Allew, you need to start a thread with a poll and post these pictures again so members can vote. The Club said colors are subject to change, so they can still go with whatever is most popular.
    Thanks for the suggestion Jafaria to make a poll, i've started one in the FSS section of the forum here

I just realized I left off a "Either is fine" option I don't think I can edit the poll anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl@hotmail.com View Post
    I love your digibash and hope that is what we end up getting. I think it is a good compromise, as I think the brown is too much like version 4 Duke and takes away what looks like Spearhead.
    Thanks soundwavempl!

Spearhead looks great. I love the muted colors, even if they do make him look like Battle Corps Duke. The original bright orange camo would have made less appealing to me. Perhaps the color could be changed to a Desert Storm camo pattern or the AOR1, although that might be too intricate and expensive to replicate.

Nice job allew! I think that's a good balance between the original bright and this previewed brown. There's a point where if you tone down orange enough it becomes brown. Seems the club crossed that line. But having done quick photoshopping I know how you can turn the saturation down a few too many notches and compared to what you had a minute ago it looks much better. Then you show it to someone that hasn't been staring at it for an hour and they point out that you may have over corrected, lol

Private First Class dgarlit@gmail.com's Avatar
    Great mockup, that subtle orange is exactly what I was hoping for too.

I'm happy they've included the classic spearhead rifle with two magazines on it.

Private First Class gijames@mail.com's Avatar
    look sweet

Really like this figure. Good job on this one. I especially liked the version with the muted orange camo.
    Last edited by luchian@devisraad.com; 06-06-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Saw the poll.

Wow, what a double treat. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a cat person. So Spearhead always had a special place in my collection because he was the only guy who came with a feline. But the problem was, he was a third tier character and with Hasbro's insistence on endless "Vomit Characters" like Duke, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander being released over and over again taking up figure slots, I never thought I'd see a Spearhead and Max in modern form. I was very grateful for the Night Force version, but this one really takes the cake---I love it! More-so for Max, but Spearhead is also cool even if he does resemble 1993 Duke's colors.

I also prefer the evolution of brown camo over the orange. It's more tactical, and it make more sense. Anyone here want to wear neon orange into combat? And besides, since we're likely never going to see a modern 1993 Duke (at least I hope not) who cares if he looks like O-ring Duke? It's not like the Modern Era can even mesh with the O-rings anymore.

I'm glad to see all this love for Spearhead and Max. For whatever reason I never liked them, lol. I'll probably hold on to them because they're cool updates, thats it.

Private First Class
    I love this figure. Could go either orange or brown, both would work.

Private First Class madmac41@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I love this figure, so happy you went with brown instead of orange.