Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSS 3.0 Preview -- G.I. JOE POINT MAN: SPEARHEAD!

I guess I am in the minority, but I prefer Spearhead and Max more orange than brown like the original figure. Part of the appeal of the modern updates is that they keep as close to possible as the original ARAH figures in color and design.

Private First Class
    I like it. I get it when someone wants it to be more like the original, makes sense to me because that it what we bought when we where kids. However, I personally love how the Club is able to mute down the colors of the original and make these new figures a perfect (IMO) homage to the original. I did not get the NF version so this will be a great addition.

I like the camo scheme. It is a bit too much like Duke v4 however and I can see the clamoring for the orange, so I suggest a compromise. add some orange/reddish brown elements to the camo. As Stalker said, all camo looks the same at night anyway.

Oh Wow! I wish the original was painted that way! I had to paint over my original figure because I really didn't like the orange. This one looks fantastic! Maybe even better than the nightforce one from JoeCon

I wish Spearhead was more true to the original colors. I think it dose look like v4 duke a bit to much and if you wanted to do that version of duke in the future they would probably be to close in look. So maybe just make it a little more orange on the camo and we are good. I can't wait to get this installment of FSS and will probably buy 2 full sets. I love the line up and that we are getting NF repaints to there original colors. Can't wait to see the next figure. Great job club.

Private First Class
    I was ok with getting 5 repaints after my con set because we were promised classic colors.

Spearhead needs to be orange. It doesn't have to be as bright, but it needs to be orange or it is not recognizable as Spearhead.

If SAW Vipers can be pink then Spearhead can be orange!

Quote Originally Posted by steve.2477@hotmail.com View Post
    Can I ask is FSS 3.0 $315 the total or is shipping extra added to the total?
    That's before shipping. Since many of us live in varying distances from Texas, it wouldn't be fair to have a shipping cost built in. Cause the people closer would pay more to cover the cost of shipping to those further away. And that's only if they did an average shipping cost. More likely they'd find the highest shipping cost and charge us all that price in the total. So this way it's a little more even handed. I usually pay $10-12 for each shipment to Utah.

As for Spearhead, at first I thought this was a straight photoshop of the picture they used for the Night Force version. It's not. But he is missing the goggles. I wonder if it's an over-site or a plan.

And I wish/hope they could find a happy medium between the dark brown of this one and the bright orange of the original. Skullbuster was quite a bit brighter in person than the picture showed. Maybe the same will be true here.

Like what I'm seeing but I wouldn't mind a subtle orange camo instead of the brown. Here's a quick digibash I whipped up, what do you guys think (original on left, digibash on right) ?

Quote Originally Posted by allewebay@earthlink.net View Post
    Like what I'm seeing but I wouldn't mind a subtle orange camo instead of the brown. Here's a quick digibash I whipped up, what do you guys think (original on left, digibash on right) ?

Allew, you need to start a thread with a poll and post these pictures again so members can vote. The Club said colors are subject to change, so they can still go with whatever is most popular.

I would include a poll option for "either one is fine" because I really like them both, and I can see both sides of the issue. Some want more muted/more realistic colors inspired by the original. Some want an exact reproduction of the original.

Personally, I collect one version (the first version) of each character, so I did not get the Night Force set and was excited to hear about this FSS lineup. Spearhead is not a character I loved (or hated) back in the day, so either one of these is close enough to the first version for me and better than the Night Force version. There have been many times since the 25th anniversary days that we have accepted figures just "close enough" to their original versions, but not exactly alike.

P.S. Forgot to say thanks to Allew for doing the photoshop work. Never ceases to amaze me how Joe fans chip in and do extra work in situations like these.
    Last edited by jared.vitosh@gmail.com; 05-31-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allewebay@earthlink.net View Post
    I love your digibash and hope that is what we end up getting. I think it is a good compromise, as I think the brown is too much like version 4 Duke and takes away what looks like Spearhead.