Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Subscription Service 1.0?

I totally want some new vehicles! But I would rather be able to pick and choose which vehicles I wanted to buy on a case by case basis rather than be committed to buy ALL of any such vehicles that might be included in a subscription service. I am all for a new USS FLAGG*, no matter what the terms even if we had to put up 100% of the money many months in advance. ( * = Providing that the new FLAGG is at least as big as the original 7 foot version.)

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    I imagine that will be in the negatory as well. That would be like a restaurant putting its secret recipe on the web. Now brand X has access to that recipe.

With this, it would be like having the company that manufactures The Corps! come in, take a look and say "Oh, they still have the mold for the 'Battle Farce 2000 Helo-Butt-Kicker,' we can't produce anything like that, we'll produce something that is completely different, and it will be a crapshoot."

Don't mean to be harsh, but that's the way the world works.
    Not at all. GIJCC has direct legal ties with Hasbro licensing. Knowing what molds exist does not change copy rights.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    No, I mean they can't put it out here for all to see.
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class mlandvick@gmail.com's Avatar
    I think this has potential. But I would think that it should start with the small vehicles/playsets. You know the ones that came in the size box of the ram. For example:

1982: MMS and JUMP
    1983: Polar battle bear, twin battle gun, snake armor
    1984: Cobra ASP and CLAW
    1985: Air Defense, Check point, Cobra bunker, Ammo dump, Forward observer, Rifle range, silver mirage

you get the picture...you could also do the parachute pack (using the modern tools), MANTA etc....

Many of these TOOLS for hasbro still exists and could be used in multiple ways!!!
    Jones Boys
    "We named the dog Indiana..."

Quote Originally Posted by Low Light View Post
    Understood. Are you able to confirm specific molds though? For instance the OP idea of a new USS Flagg. Two year old molds are not really enticing considering many are well overused now.

I can confirm that the original tooling for the 1985 Aircraft Carrier and 1986 Cobra Launch Base are gone. Everything would need to be re-tooled for these vehicle/playsets to be offered again.

I guess I was wrong. Oh well.

But I bet a brand new shiny aircraft carrier tooling would make a lot of people happy.

The U.S.S. Patriot. #100

The original GI Joe team carrier, the U.S.S. Flagg, was lost in a naval battle just south of Cobra Island, and couldn't be salvaged cost effectively. Duke and Hawk met with Shipwreck, Deep Six, Keel Haul, and Torpedo to design a new GI Joe aircraft carrier. One that kicks more butt than the Flagg ever did, as well as housing more troops, more vehicles, and more firepower. Multiple safety precautions have been taken into consideration with the design of this vessel, and despite the negative connotations with the term, this vessel has been deemed "unsinkable."

This launching is at an undisclosed location, at an undisclosed date and time. The maiden voyage is also highly classified.
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 06-04-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    These go to Eleven...

Junior Member pqnyrfan@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Yes, yes n yes

Where were Wet Suit, Tracker, Depth Charge and any other SEALS during that meeting. Heck WHere was Cutter.

i'd support it, but i don't think there are enough molds left to make it even through one year of subscription. Could be wrong. I'd prefer more figures.

Where were Wet Suit, Tracker, Depth Charge and any other SEALS during that meeting. Heck WHere was Cutter.
    Elsewhere in my memory banks. One should be glad I thought of the ones I did.
    These go to Eleven...