Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Subscription Service 1.0?

I think the Whale or GI Joe Headquarters might work, but the Flagg would probably have to be retooled and even then it would most likely cost $600-$800. The production of the Castle Grey Skull set was also contingent on the number of pre-orders MattyCollector received.

It is a great idea though - The Flagg could be topped off by several planes, and maybe 10 joe naval figures.
    Yeah I bet there would be enough supporters to retool a Flagg if it was in the $600 or s range. It would be cool to see just how many people would be willing to make it happen. I know I would be in for sure

The Flagg and HQ playset idea is cool, but how many of us have the room to display that! $600 or so is still pretty expensive too. I think the Whale would be a more practical solution. I'm sure to retool all the classic vehicles would be too costly, but if we picked a few key ones...let's hold another vote...everyone can pick their top five vehicles that they would like to see offered as exclusives, that have not been done in the modern era style (25th/30th ann) yet. They have to be offered at a reasonable price. I'll start my vote...
    #1: Wolverine for Cover Girl
    #2: HAL for Grand Slam (perhaps can even be towed by the Wolverine, or VAMP!)
    #3: Bridgelayer for Tollbooth
    #4: Whale
    #5: Checkpoint Alpha, Machine Gun nest, or bivouac combo MMS and Guard Tower combo pack

I think a kickstarter or pre-order system would work to get the vehicles to market. I disagree on the "big playset" at first. I would rather see the smaller vehicles and playsets first to test the waters. As for the original HQ and Cobra Terror Drome- I would like to see more accurate-scale renditions closer to the cartoon...

Another thought is have one or two of the mold remade-retooled, and then offer few repaints like the HAVOC II (Green snowcat). This would reduce some of the costs and start making the updated vehicles more available.

Year 1
    1. Wolverine (New Mold)
    2. Cobra Stun (New Mold)
    3. Oupost Defender (in original colors- Walmart ROC exclusive)
    4. Cobra Snake (in White or Blue vs Black ROC)
    5. Steel Crusher APV (In Cobra Blue variant)

Year 2
    1. Bridge Layer (New Mold)
    2. Killer Whale (New Mold)
    3. V.A.M.P. (Night Force POC version)
    4. Silver Mirage (repaint to original)
    5. Soviet Convoy Truck (Repaint as Cobra Transport)

etc.

This would fit with the mix of old and new that the Club uses with the FSS series, and reduce the costs to update the vehicles. Plus I think we still need a kickstarter to show that we are serious and to help fund the updates of the "Big playsets" USS FLAGG, Defiant, Terro Drome, Original HQ (Pit), etc.
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 06-02-2014 at 02:49 PM.

sounds really cool you got my vote.

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    Can you post a list of what molds are still available?

So a mix of old and new might make this work. It would be great to see, and compliment the FSS nicely in keeping GI Joe alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Light View Post
    Can you post a list of what molds are still available?
    That is proprietary information, but we are researching some options for the future.

Generally, we should have access to tools within the last two years of production and/or retail release.

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Lane View Post
    That is proprietary information, but we are researching some options for the future.

Generally, we should have access to tools within the last two years of production and/or retail release.
    Understood. Are you able to confirm specific molds though? For instance the OP idea of a new USS Flagg. Two year old molds are not really enticing considering many are well overused now.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Are you able to confirm specific molds though?
    I imagine that will be in the negatory as well. That would be like a restaurant putting its secret recipe on the web. Now brand X has access to that recipe.

With this, it would be like having the company that manufactures The Corps! come in, take a look and say "Oh, they still have the mold for the 'Battle Farce 2000 Helo-Butt-Kicker,' we can't produce anything like that, we'll produce something that is completely different, and it will be a crapshoot."

Don't mean to be harsh, but that's the way the world works.
    These go to Eleven...