Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Subscription Service 1.0?

true, but those molds are all gone.
    So the club only has access to the molds that Hasbro has and would let them use. Which we have no idea of what they are.
    I'd love to know where Hasbro found the complete Cobra Wolf mold two years ago. That vehicle was from 1987 which means that mold was created in '85 o r '86 and the Wolf was last offered through mail order in 1994!!

Sergeant
    Exactly! Those molds still exist somewhere. The Rattler was originally made in 1984 and NONE of its re-issues are significantly different. The molds are either in a warehouse somewhere or a good designer can recreate them from images and specs.

Some the cost of new tooling is the issue. The Thunder Machine for example needs the cab extended so the ME figures can fit, some are just collecting dust until someone kicks over the right rock so to speak...

However, I think we have to wait until the next movie comes out before we get any more vehicles, other than from the Club Con set...

Exactly! Those molds still exist somewhere. The Rattler was originally made in 1984 and NONE of its re-issues are significantly different. The molds are either in a warehouse somewhere or a good designer can recreate them from images and specs.
    I seem to remember when they talked about the Skystriker and EagleHawk, Hasbro said they used older vehicles that they bought, was donated or found in one of their employees collections and built the new vehicles off of the old vehicle itself....making the needed changes to be able to use for ME figures.

and in that train of thought....I saw a complete mint BUGG going home with one of the Hasbro guys at Joecon?? foreshadow, hopeful thinking or just a excited Hasbro employee adding to his collection??? no idea, but I like to hope.

That must be an expensive process- the reverse engineer an existing toy and create a new tooling/mold. May the BUGG will be part of the GI Joe 3 movie line or some sort of Hasbroverse set?

Never a big fan of the Cobra Bugg ...

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    ADMIN!! With the immediate future known for the club's future, is there any substance to the VSS happening?

Please note that this thread was kept open because we appreciate your input and vehicle suggestions. However, we can only use existing tooling for future projects.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Blue, red & grey steel crushers please!

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funpubincadmin View Post
    Please note that this thread was kept open because we appreciate your input and vehicle suggestions. However, we can only use existing tooling for future projects.
    Understood. However, we don't what tooling is available. So is VSS a possibility?

With nearly 48,000 views this is very popular with the club. Just looking for a firm yes or no. Thanks.