Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Legs Thread

Crazy Legs Thread

What happened to the Crazy Legs thread that was here yesterday? It had a few comments. Was curious to see other's reactions to the fiasco at the convention of running out early and missing accessories.

Private First Class
    Not sure, but fiasco was right. I'm not sure how to fix it, but there were people acting crazy at the drop, bumping into folks. One guy in the elevator had five! Some little girl ran up to her dad with a $100 in her hand saying she sold hers for that much. Then the store sold out within maybe 25 minutes of opening on Friday? It would be awesome if the Club offered up the figure at the Club store. I know it is a convention exclusive but unless i wanted to get physical I had little opportunity to get one.

Junior Member xcal1705@centurylink.net's Avatar
    It really sucked that it was a piece that went to a certain set.That was one just one thing, but when a 9yr old kid gets to grab 13 of them and tells people they're for his dad to sell on ebay and not give any away is wrong. At this point I don't think the drop should even happen anymore, or if someone really wants what is being dropped, they should "rent" a kid to grab as much as he/she can.

Junior Member Leatherneck198@yahoo.com's Avatar
    It's sad how people acted I understand the craziness but no need to want one to profit but to get one for your collection. One of the info both guys chatted with me about how people just do it for profit and not for the love of collecting. He was 100% right

I certainly understand the frustration from folks, but in looking at the examples above, is it the Club's fault that someone grabbed over a dozen figures to sell? The parachute drop has always been a part of the fun, and granted, it's tough to police, but I think the chaos adds to the charm.

Brian said at the panel that none of the parachute figures had sold out before or created that much demand (I would disagree somewhat...the Air Viper from 2003 certainly did) but he also mentioned that there was a (slight) possibility that they may have missed a box when they brought the figures to the Convention.

We'll have to see what comes of it.

Private First Class gijoeguru@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I spoke with one of the info booth guys (I believe it was Dave) and had a good discussion with him about the situation. My recommendation was to offer a remake of the figure without the parachute (like the Hasbro produced red and gray version) and offer it to attending members at a significant discount and to non attending members at a higher price point. This would be a nod of appreciation to those of us that attended. Possibly a carded and or bagged version.

He also stated that there were no more "foil/Mylar" parachutes and no more "cloth/fabric" parachute material that Hasbro used at retail. So the future of actual parachute drops may indeed be no more unless Hasbro/club foots the bill to purchase a bulk buy of material to make new chutes with.

In a side note he stated that they were almost out of 12" figure bodies too. So this may be the end of 12" figures for our 1/6 scale collectors (I'm one of the weird ones that collect both)

I hope the club can develop a way to make it right for us who waited hours in line to no avail. I know we snagged a figure that hit the 7th floor and handed off to a kid. (We thought was the right thing to do) Since I was going to purchase one later from the club. I am not a profiteer, and collect for the sake of collecting. I don't have a grudge against one who is a capitalist, but in cases like this it is a bitter pill to swallow.

I hope the club can find a way to make this right for all parties involved.

This was some major FUBAR by the club, but I understand how things got mixed up. To begin with, this was a 2013 para-drop figure based on the labeling on the bag that I have seen and was an add-on to this year's con, or a replacement to who knows what (Kre-O or another para-drop figure). There were assumed to be 1,000 figures based on the poster out in the lobby (but not printed on the order form). These first two decisions made this a plan doomed to failure.

GTs got first dibs at 3x everyone else...which should have never happened. Someone should have confirmed counts immediately before and after the drop. If there were not going to be enough for every badge holder, GTs should have been limited to 1 per. Maybe they should have thrown less during the para-drop as well - instead of 300, maybe only 100. I know they had more volunteers tossing than before. My wife was in the lower level and was asked to go to the 1st floor with everyone else. After the drop happened, many fell through to that floor and I know I saw several landed on the escalator.

I wasn't able to secure a NF Crazy Legs figure after standing in line. Yes, it was disappointing but I understood mistakes happen. I did witness several people upset and addressing Club staff at the store once in the showroom floor. I'm hoping the Club does find that "other box" and gives con goers first dibs, although that will be difficult to prevent someone from double or triple-dipping. It would be nice to start a club "lottery" for those who want a Crazy Legs, as they did with the Nocturnal Fire and SDCC sets in the past.

I, like many who attended, hope to complete my Night Force set with this figure, but am not willing to pay the $100+ price tag it is currently demanded by scalpers. I hope the Club learns from this error and prevents it from happening again at future cons. I love the para-drop event, and I think the kids look forward to it (as well as the adults who hope to snag one!).

All club members who are badge holders at the convention should be able to get, at minimum, 1 of every convention exclusive item. That is why we go to the convention.
    Last edited by dwhernandez72@gmail.com; 04-16-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Private First Class gijoeguru@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Yes, If they do find the "missing box" of figures all of us in line should have first dibs. I would presume all the GT folks got their fill, so they should probably not be included in this rationing of figures. (not trying to step on toes of GT folks, so don't take it that way) But as Davestro stated it would be difficult to perform this task even though they have record of who did attend.

I played bingo with a guy who stated they were in the front of the non GT attendees and he stated that none of the non GT guys had a chance to purchase a bagged figure. So the only guys that got one was GT folks and guys that got ones that were dropped (according to the guy I sat next to, and the name slips me).

I do hope they do something to reconcile this issue with us. Yes it is why we go when we are able. Not the only reason but a large portion of it.

iT would not be difficult at all for the american hero in general ticket holdersto be notified and afforded the opportunity to purchase a crazy leg if a so-called possible missing box or boxes do show up. Certainly the American Hero in general ticket holders who were not golden tickets should be afforded first crack at those but odds are that will not be the case and there's no missing box to be found

Private First Class
    I think the Club should have a reissue of this figure. It is a figure that was highly demanded prior to the Con and fills a hole in most collections. I for one have the un filled space for it, but it just does not make any sense to pay $150+ for it. I think it makes business sense as well as catering to the Club's members to produce another batch (maybe carded) and offer it through the Club store. They have done this in the past so there is precedent with a highly demanded figure like NF Crazylegs. Maybe they should take pre-orders prior to production. And they can make a slight change as to differentiate from the parachute drop figure.