Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silver 50th Anniversary Coin qty question...

Exactly what is the size and weight of this coin ? Really can't gage it based on the picture. 135.00 seems rather steep , if it is the size of a quarter,not as bad if it is the same as a old style dollar coin.

Uncap it. Let everyone who wants one order it for a given period of time. The only limit might be the quantity allowed for a single member to order. My 2 cents...

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_p_obrien@yahoo.com View Post
    My 2 cents...
    What about the other $129.98?

Private First Class gijoeguru@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Each member purchasing an attending or non attending package should be allowed to purchase a limited qty (one per member purchasing a package). After registration closes then the no more could be purchased. I think this would be fare and still make the coin rather exclusive and collectable. If the coin was limited to 200 units and there were 500 members ordering convention packages I don't see how this would or could be fare to all joecon package purchasing members. We already have first day sign up exclusives so I don't think that this should be a first day exclusive either... Just my two bits....

Private First Class rent1374@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I want one remove the cap

Brian I think you should, if you can, make sure anyone going who wants one gets one. Time-sensitive things, whether they be the first 50 or first 100 to do something online can be drastically unfair because we are not all at our computers at the right time. I can go to work, come home, and already be out of luck because so many people signed up while I was working. (As an example.)

I'm going. I want one of the coins. I don't want it to be a crap shoot, and I don't want to be stressed out over it.

With registration software still not up, it's going to be harder to find out how many to make, I guess, but definitely make sure all registrants who want one have the option to get one.

That's my vote.

Sean.

Private First Class fostereben@gmail.com's Avatar
    At a price point at $130+ for a coin value of maybe $50 dollars there better be a limit of 200 or 250 at the most. If club makes 400 or and keeps it at the same price value of item goes down and not as rare or exclusive. So two options keep at 200 and at $130 you get a very nice rare peice of 50th anniversary Joe Con history, or make 400 and make it easier for people to get and drop the price at least half so about $65 a coin.

Private First Class mark.brockman@outlook.com's Avatar
    At $130 - $135 a coin I have zero interest. I collect GI Joe action figures, not coins.

Don't know where the paste went in my post..

Quote Originally Posted by brian@funpubinc.com View Post
    Also just checked on the edge of the coin will be:
    It will say .999 Fine Silver.

Also 1 oz silver with gold plate. I don't have the exact size but it's similar to a half dollar