Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G.I. Joe Renegades Series

Thanks for clarifying...I remember seeing photos of it but couldn't remember which show the pics were from...once more, much appreciated...

Private First Class
    Generally I don't like reboots of any series and I had a few issues with this one, but on the whole I very much enjoyed it. Rather than trying to compare it with it's predecessor, ARAH, I accept Renegades as story completely set apart from that 'universe'. The basic story is hardly original, but compared to the story of super soldier Captain America..er..I mean, Sgt. Savage awoken in the future from a cryogenic sleep to fight his arch enemy the Red Skull--er, uh.. I mean, General Blitz, but despite that, the writers were able to present some of our classic characters in new and unique ways. The animation and character designs were neat all around too.
    More than the series itself, I liked the figures. I hope to see the remainder of the characters made and the vehicles too.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    My absolute favorite part was their interpretation of Cobra Commander. I didn't catch much of the series, my schedule was unrelenting. But what I saw of the Cobra Commander, I liked. Having him as a diseased, decrepit, terminal man that needs the mask to postpone his expiration really struck well with me. Granted, GI Joe purists are going to have a problem with it, but I don't care that was nice. His final words of the series make another season almost a necessity. "They want to start a war with Cobra, then Cobra will finish it..."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdysdwn7lak
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 11-27-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Correcting my quote (2)

Corporal
    I hated the sorry ass nail guns and there I were no vehicles except for an indestructible bread delivery truck.

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    The animation style took some getting used to. But the writing was so good it just had me coming back for more. I didn't catch all the references the first time around. Then after reading Justin's reviews on General's Joes I had more fun watching it a second time.

I think the bit that stuck with me was Cobra being a corporation that had a good public face to it. So people trusted it. Cause in this modern world we actually have terrorist organizations that we are genuinely worried about. But it's easier to be hating a corporation doing "evil" things. Like make cell phones that hypnotize you

Private First Class
    I greatly enjoyed the series. So much that I actually bought the first season on DVD to watch without commercial interruptions. My biggest issue with the show was time schedule and consistency. Cartoon Network would change the time slot and or stop showing it. Much better in my opinion compared to Sigma 6. That series was down-right terrible. really wish they would have renewed it for a second season and given us more action figures. Renegades figures are/were much nicer than the crappy movie figures we got.

The design of some new vehicles and look of some important character. some of which have yet to be produced...hint, hint, hint...

Corporal
    For me, it's easier to say what I didn't like. I wasn't crazy about the design of the bio vipers. I don't think they would translate well into an action figure. A big blob of blue plastic just doesn't seem too appealing. Everything else was pretty solid, and I'd love to see them turned into retail or club product in the future.