Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new cartoon?

Private First Class
    I would miss my favorites if they were gone, but would love to have some new ones come in. I loved the episodes when there were guest stars like the Oktober Guard. It would be hard to have such a pro-military, pro-gun, pro-American cartoon do well right now. Yet, that is what I love and would want to see. It would be nice to see the team working with other special forces from around the world on adventures of some sort, battling Cobra, Red Shadows and others. Different partnerships each week, maybe not every week, but most. Fighting different villains, some old some new. GI Joe is and was pretty diverse with it's characters races, but more would help it be more mainstream.

Imagine if we got to see special forces from Germany, Israel, Australia, Brazil, China, India, Egypt, Saudia Arabia, and wherever. It would inspire more figures and at least customs.

That is exactly what should be done. Imagine the race barriers they would get credit for breaking if despite philosophical differences the Chinese special ops team had to work with Joe to fight common enemies like Cobra, Yakuza, Black Dragons, etc. That would be awesome.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    The other piece Hasbro should consider is distribution. While I don't think the traditional Networks would pick up a military cartoon right now, they should look to Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon to air them. Netxflix in particular, has shown a affinity for returning to old shows (ex. Fuller House, Gilmore Girls, Voltron, etc). It seems like it would be a perfect match.

I'm sure most people on this forum would like a realistic military cartoon (me included), I believe, for the sake of the brand they need to come up with something new. Their target should be 8-12 year olds, and could be an amalgamation of the Adventure Team and ARAH. Something along the lines of small government team exploring phenomena, performing rescues, and working to stop a new foe (Black Dragons maybe?). I think the key is to be written at a intellectual level like Star Wars Rebels, and less like Robots in Disguise.

Sergeant
    They should do amazon, netflix or direct-to-video. The "Retaliation" cartoon was good, it just needed better marketing behind it. I still meet fans, today, who have never heard of it.