Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIC Animated Series

Banned Thompson.hunter58@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I love it but mostly for nostalgic reasons as it's the one I grew up with, and I loved the toys that came out of it

Junior Member jmsberetta@aol.com's Avatar
    The dic series was great for showing the use of the characters from 1990's could be used. My favorite episodes are in operation dragon fire. I very fond of the episode with the general vehicle showed how powerful the vehicle could be. I don't like the episodes that didn't give the sub teams of the time a lot of story.

Private First Class boostergold5@gmail.com's Avatar
    DIC was known in the 80s as the Do It Cheap animation company. Because of them, a lot of Americans who had terrific creative artistic jobs lost their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by tkallspark@yahoo.com View Post
    The one and only thing I like about the DIC series was Operation: Dragonfire. Not so much the quality, no, But I loved the return of Cobra Commander, and seeing serpentor reduced to an iguana.....High points were seeing the Mudfighter, Slaughter's Marauders, Python Patrol.
    Yes, Operation Dragonfire was the best of the DIC cartoons.

Here are what I consider the absolute worst DIC episodes
    1. Revenge of the Pharoahs
    2. Pigskin Commandos (a Joe/Cobra Football game!?! Really??)
    3. I Found you...Evy (a good character moment of Ambush, and we learn that cobra dresses female Rock Vipers in Pink)
    4. Stuck on You (Very funny, but again, Really?)
    5. Kindergarten Commandos (no Comment)
    6. El Dorado Lost City of Gold (I know ghosts were featured in the Phantom Brigade, but that episode was so much better as well as creepy. El Dorado was just over the top stupid, i.e. ghosts possessing BATs and Overkill wearing the Conquistador Helmet)
    7. Infested Island (again, no comment)
    8. A is For Android (Hawk returns from a mission in what appears to be a state of psychiatric distress (he is really a android infiltrator). However, the Joes seemingly have no problem following psychotic orders from him. You have to wonder where Doc, Lifeline and Stretcher were?)

I agree, the show was pretty bad, but as a kid that was about 9-12 or so when it was aired, I enjoyed it then (even though I thought it was pretty stupid and not as good as the original), mainly because of all the Joe stuff they showed. I had some of them, but wanted the rest, like the Avalanche and General and Hammer, and the Mobile Battle bunker of course, but I still liked the show, and when I watched the episodes when I got the 2 dvd sets, I was brought down memory lane, and it made me want to play with the 90's Joes again (which was the whole point of the show when it was being made).

As much as I am wont to criticize the DIC cartoon these were the Joe toys that I grew up with. I saw 80's episodes on t.v. bu never had any of those figures (my collection begins with 1988). I will always have found memories of these figures and vehicles regardless of how ridiculous I and many other think the show was.

Private First Class
    Since We've already seen FSS 5 Ambush. What we want is a new action figure of a female Range-Viper based on the DIC cartoon appearance and the only episode "I Found You...Evy".

Evy aka Range-Viper3

Private First Class bdwhite79@gmail.com's Avatar
    Dragon fire was really cool to me! I am really not sure why they would only use a lot of those characters exclusively for the five part episode and then not make anymore reference to them....Animation was PITIFUL after dragon fire as well! On a positive note, I think they had some potential with some of the sub groups, such as Eco-warriors, slaughter's marauders, Python patrol, Sky patrol, etc. if they could have found the right animation company and not been so goofy with some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwhite79@gmail.com View Post
    Animation was PITIFUL after dragon fire as well! On a positive note, I think they had some potential with some of the sub groups, such as Eco-warriors, slaughter's marauders, Python patrol, Sky patrol, etc. if they could have found the right animation company and not been so goofy with some of it.
    Wasn't Dragon fire actually Sunbow- before they went to DIC?