Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe 3, What would YOU like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu View Post
    Zarana needs to be played by someone that would be creepy/hot looking, like how Pris turned out in Blade Runner.
    was just thinking this. She should be in this & have someone like you said.

The Sun has to hit her

The Dreadnoks as well.

Personally I would like to see an adventure team Movie something along the line of a Indiana Jones type of adventure.

Junior Member nfattore@wideopenwest.com's Avatar
    I'd like to see the cast from the first movie combine with the cast of the second movie. I'd also like to see new characters brought in like Footloose, Mutt and Junkyard, Shipwreck and Cross Country.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    If they get Stalker, I've got three words.

Samuel.

L.

Jackson.

I don't care if he's not right for the part, he'll be right for the part. Why? Because It's Samuel L. Jackson.
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.stoops@wmich.edu View Post
    if they get stalker, i've got three words.

Samuel.

L.

Jackson.

I don't care if he's not right for the part, he'll be right for the part. Why? Because it's samuel l. Jackson.
    lololololol

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    How about a story containing the Oktober Guard, the Iron Grenadiers and the Dreadnoks and Marauders in the third film? Expand on the Joe Universe. And since all of these teams have seen successful toy production in the past few years there is definitely an interest to see them in action. We could have a great story showcasing these teams and the need for G.I. Joe-like teams around the world. Maybe the Marauders secretly help the Oktober Guard keep the Iron Grenadiers from taking over the former Soviet Union? With Destro and Cobra Commanders falling out, it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila4420@hotmail.com View Post
    How about a story containing the Oktober Guard, the Iron Grenadiers and the Dreadnoks and Marauders in the third film? Expand on the Joe Universe. And since all of these teams have seen successful toy production in the past few years there is definitely an interest to see them in action. We could have a great story showcasing these teams and the need for G.I. Joe-like teams around the world. Maybe the Marauders secretly help the Oktober Guard keep the Iron Grenadiers from taking over the former Soviet Union? With Destro and Cobra Commanders falling out, it could work.
    Hmmm, the Oktober Guard was kind of built upon the Soviet Union, and we all know how well that turned out. Not to say it couldn't work, they cold use the backstory from GI Joe Renegades.

As for the Marauders, I can only assume you mean Slaughter's Marauders, and, even if it is Sgt. Slaughter, he's getting pretty old.
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Now to be fair Raven, the title of this thread is "What would YOU like to see" not "What do you think will sell to international audiences".

But I think a Dreadnok story line is actually pretty reasonable. In Retaliation both Zartan and Zandar were killed, by Storm Shadow and GI Joe respectively. So Zarana, and possibly Zanya, gather the Dreadnoks and drag Destro out of the rubble cause they need someone with resources. So they take him back to his castle to recover and he activates his Iron Grenadiers. Then everyone sets out for Revenge. Then you can probably have a couple OG come lend a hand. You could get the ones that aren't currently in embroiled in an international conflict(nobody from Russia, Ukraine or Georgia). Granted that only leaves Volga, Daina (Both Czech) and Schrage (Germany). Not exactly the fan favorites, but you could get them past the studio heads.

And hey, Sgt is only 7 years older than Colton. So heck, maybe you bring Bruce back for one scene and he says "Hey, I know a guy." Then Slaughter says "Well, I know some guys."

Quote Originally Posted by manolive@hotmail.com View Post
    You could get the ones that aren't currently in embroiled in an international conflict(nobody from Russia, Ukraine or Georgia). Granted that only leaves Volga, Daina (Both Czech) and Schrage (Germany). Not exactly the fan favorites, but you could get them past the studio heads.
    The other ones could be old enough to reminisce about the days of the Old Soviet Union.
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I realize the Soviet Union is no more, but the Oktober Guard could have turned to freelance operatives or just remain a group for any number of reasons. It doesn't have to follow the cold-war era storyline from the Guard's first appearances in the comics. If they followed every detail of the comics or cartoons, then Ripcord would be a pasty white guy with red hair, right? Some things change to create a viable story for a movie. I was thinking of a Russia more along the lines of "A Good Day To Die Hard". I would think a rogue state with multiple military-trained mercenaries running around would be full of story.