Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 50th Anniversary Kick Starter idea

Private First Class
    I too would love to re-issue of the ATV. It is quite difficult to get complete version (with unbroken winch!) at a reasonable price.

I would be surprised however if they still had the molds. And may end up being just as pricey as ebay.

Since it's for the 50th anniversary I think it should be something from the 64-69 era.

I'm OK with the idea of finishing the lost talkers by doing the pilot and sailor.

Something else I'd like to see is the Soldiers of the World series.

But I think my preference would be redoing the 69 adventure figures (especially the adventurer and Aquanaut) with maybe one of the sets from that time, such as the Mouth of Doom, which was my favorite.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar

Suggestions up to date on 2/19/14 at 12:00 EST

Expand Adventure Team Villians*,
    My Climb to Shangri-La set,
    Round out Lost talkers**,
    Regular Joes figures,
    Aged Joes,
    Space-O-Matic,
    Adventure Lockers filled with adventure gear*,
    40th style 50th Ski Patrol,
    the Green Beret set's return,
    repros of the 69 adventures run**,
    my Highland Adventurer idea,
    Adventure Team Game Warden,
    repro Soldiers of the World,
    Mike Power,
    Adventure Team Vehicle*,
    Muscle Body,
    GI Jane,
    AA Action Soldier.

* These suggestions have multiple requests, or what I interpreted as multiple requests.
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 02-19-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Private First Class jchayes01@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Super Articulated Mike Power, flocked. As much as he is being featured in the monthly stories, he would be an AWESOME addition! You already have the molds for the body, all it would take is a new headsculpt, and some sewing to make his outfit....... Atomic Man LIVES!!!!! (HOPEFULLY!)

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    It seems that a lot of people are bringing up excellent ideas for what the Club has offered to do, but two seem to stick out.

The Lost Talkers series to be finished out. Let me tell everyone why (I think) the Club re-produced the Action Soldier and Marine. During the Timeless Collection run, Hasbro reproduced the Action Sailor and Pilot. The Club was making up for Hasbro's defecit. Looks like they're doing it again, .

The Adventures of GI Joe to be reproduced. The 1969 version of GI Joe, caused by the anti-war movement and loving mothers nationwide. The prototype to the Adventure Team. Aside from two sets during the Timeless Collection run (Secret Mission to Spy Island and Perilous Rescue) and the Club's Talking Astronaut figure, The Adventures of GI Joe Line hasn't seen the light of the market since 1969.

If the Club should go with the latter, I think it would be excellent to reproduce the Adventurer Figure (Adventurer, Negro Adventurer, and Aquanaut) and his box, paired with the Adventure Locker and the Aqua Locker, respectively, that is filled with gear related to whichever Adventurer it is. And why stop at the tray? Have some of the adventure gear and uniforms in there too!

I know I've suggested this, so I won't count it in my periodic suggestion updates that I do to make this job easier for GIJCC staff.

There have been a whole lot of great suggestions ,and I want all of them .But if this is to be a successful operation ,it needs to be something that can be done, without a massive outlay of money for production costs. at least for the first, and I hope the first of many such figures .We all have to realize that we have to get behind a consensus figure to make it a viable operation for the Club.

It is the 50th anniversary of the 12 in GI Joe, this birthday figure, as such should reflect his original 1964 roots.Yes I want an aged adventure team, the rest of the lost talkers, and the soldiers of the world, and Please a complete State Trooper ,but they are from a few years later ,and they are going to take an awful lot to do .

For the first figures my first choice would be the Original four , aged soldiers, with anything but nose-picker hands,in coffin boxes with carded dress uniforms for each, and medals for their chests, gold dog tags and 50 th anniversary on the box ,but even this would tike a lot of time and money to accomplish.

So I am going to propose a single figure ,which I feel is within the club ability to produce and will not end costing the customer too much money, and is a true representation of the line

.An aged General Joseph Colton figure in his dress uniform with medals, with non nose picker hands,with gold dog tag in a coffin box ,with An appropriate piece of artwork, showing 50 years of GI Joe.

I think It's a great choice ,since he has been designated as the first Joe ,and will make a great companion piece to his 30th anniversary figure

Junior Member leojferr@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Brian,

Thanks for this initiative.

I would love to see a Dr. Mike Power before his Atomic Man transformation, as in your Adventure Team Chronicles! And also a reissue as the Atomic Man... I think Boss Fight Studios could make an excelent headsculpt for him.

Another dream would be a version of the unproduced Eagle Eye Commando (Black Adventurer w/ EE).

So:

-Dr Mike Power (before Atomic Man)
    -Mike Power (Atomic Man)
    -Unproduced Eagle Eye Commando

Thanks,

Leonardo

Here's what I envisioned for the 50th anniverasy sets: 2 sets, one for the painted hair military era and one for the AT era. Each set would include 1 randomly packed figure, with different hair colors, beard colors, etc... All of the AT figures would come with Kung Fu grip.

Military Era "4 in 1" Commemarative Set
    1 randomly packed painted head figure
    Green Beret set
    Jungle MarIne set
    Deep Freeze set
    Astronaut set

AT "4 in 1" Commemarative Set
    1 randomly packed AT figure with flocked hair/beard with Kung Fu grip
    Jungle Survival set
    Fantastic Freefall set
    Danger of the Depths
    Smoke Jumper

Each box would be coffin style/board game style. You wouldn't be ale to see what figure you're getting until you open it up. Each box would incorporate original artwork elements of the original packaging of the uniform/accessory sets. That's what I wanted for Joe's 50th Anniversary and it what I still want.

Thanks,

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrent100@aol.com View Post
    So I am going to propose a single figure ,which I feel is within the club ability to produce and will not end costing the customer too much money, and is a true representation of the line

.An aged General Joseph Colton figure in his dress uniform with medals, with non nose picker hands,with gold dog tag in a coffin box ,with An appropriate piece of artwork, showing 50 years of GI Joe.

I think It's a great choice ,since he has been designated as the first Joe ,and will make a great companion piece to his 30th anniversary figure
    I love it! I picture an Adventure Team Commander with grey above his ears dressed in his army dress! Excellent suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrent100@aol.com View Post
    There have been a whole lot of great suggestions ,and I want all of them .But if this is to be a successful operation ,it needs to be something that can be done, without a massive outlay of money for production costs. at least for the first, and I hope the first of many such figures .We all have to realize that we have to get behind a consensus figure to make it a viable operation for the Club.

It is the 50th anniversary of the 12 in GI Joe, this birthday figure, as such should reflect his original 1964 roots.Yes I want an aged adventure team, the rest of the lost talkers, and the soldiers of the world, and Please a complete State Trooper ,but they are from a few years later ,and they are going to take an awful lot to do .

For the first figures my first choice would be the Original four , aged soldiers, with anything but nose-picker hands,in coffin boxes with carded dress uniforms for each, and medals for their chests, gold dog tags and 50 th anniversary on the box ,but even this would tike a lot of time and money to accomplish.

I am a child of the 80's and a big 3-3/4" ARAH fan. I was not going to post a suggestion here because I did not feel I was qualified. However, I think something like this would be very fitting. It has been pointed out several times by unhappy 12" collectors that it is not the 50th anniversary of ARAH. Well, its not the 50th anniversary of the Adventure Team or anyone else, except the original GI Joe. Maybe don't make it a Joe Colton figure. Make it a generic aged, veteran soldier in a dress uniform with medals to honor the original concept if General Issue Joes, as well as our real veterans.