Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 50th Anniversary Kick Starter idea

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xylosx@aol.com View Post
    Similoar to the 40th releases - an Aqua Locker with full equipment and a Space Locker. Maybe a Target Exclusive and a Toys R Us Exclusive.
    The Club is letting us do this just for the Club because we've been so whiney lately. Not for stores.

Taking some Ideas, making some ideas.

The 69' Adventurer or Negro Adventurer with an Adventure Locker filled with Adventure Gear.
    The 69' Aquanaut with an Aqua Locker filled with aqua themed Adventure Gear

The Aquanaut is in bold because he's arguably the best of the Adventurers.

Private First Class
    I would like to see one of two diff ideas...

Villain:
    - Super-Articulated figure with bullet-man head sculpt, 1 chrome arm and a crystal eye for recording images.
    - Dressed in fake mechanics outfit - grey coveralls, cap with company logo, black boots, t-shirt and shorts
    - Instead of mini dog-tag, has fake company pass-card on bead-chain.
    - Tool box with tools, and false bottom with sidearm (p38) and a radio.
    - Mini-comic detailing how villain is to infiltrate Headquarters to steal secrets.
    - All in a window-box, including coffin-box, a-la Search For Radioactive Satellite Set.

Game Warden:
    - Super-Articulated African American Adventurer, with or without beard.
    - Tiger hunt outfit with bush-hat, cloth web-belt, canteen with cover and machete.
    - Tent with poles and campfire.
    - Hunting rifle and binoculars
    - All in a window-box, including coffin-box, a-la Search For Radioactive Satellite Set.

I also like the Aquanaut idea with Aqua Locker, especially if it comes with scuba outfit from Terror on Sea Floor set.

Hola,

My #1 wish list is to see the club reproduce the talking Salior and Pilot exactly as you did the Marine and Soldier. Specifically a black haired Sailor and Blond haired Pilot to round out the hair color options. Stay true and correct to the uniforms as you did in the prior 2 sets..

#2 wish is a reproduction Japanese Imperial soldier with first issue uniform.

My list could go on and would be 64-69 figures and sets because the club has done an excellent job with the AT team already.

Thanks so much guys...

jon

Ideas to Date on 2/18/14 at 2:35 EST.

Expand Adventure Team Villians*,
    My Climb to Shangri-La set,
    Round out Lost talkers*,
    Regular Joes figures,
    Aged Joes,
    Space-O-Matic,
    Adventure Lockers filled with adventure gear*,
    40th style 50th Ski Patrol,
    the Green Beret set's return,
    repros of the 69 adventures run,
    my Highland Adventurer idea,
    Adventure Team Game Warden,
    repro Japanese Soldier.

* These suggestions have multiple requests, or what I interpreted as multiple requests.
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 02-19-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Private First Class
    Another one jumped into my head...
    Mike Power - smoke jumper.
    Can spot a fire trapped hiker through smoke with crystal eye. Uses atomic arm to lift burning tree to rescue hiker.
    Air tank, rescue belt with axe, chain-saw and golden-rod jumpsuit - with short sleeves to show off atomic arm of course.

I would love to see a remake/retool of the Adventure Team Vehicle. That would open the possibilities of reissues in different colors for con sets and also reissues of the tracked version (Trouble Shooter) in multiply colors.

I don't think it would be that crazy... But a new Muscle Body GI Joe. Obviously there is another company that has been able to produce these. The improved Geyper bodies recreate that classic muscle body feel without falling apart. The AT hasn't had the muscle body in decades.

I think an Aged Adventurer head with a new muscle body would be awesome.

Once you guys got the tools for the body, imagine the possibilities it could open up. New muscled versions of all the core crew.

New muscled villains.

Bulletman reissue.

So on and so forth.

Junior Member sdarylw@bellsouth.net's Avatar
    G.I. Jane, the nurse.

I know collectors who have a lot more money than I do to spend on their collections still have this vintage
    item on their collecting list. They are very hard to find and very expensive.

For me it wouldn't have to be an exact replica. Hasbro has had articulated fashion dolls in the past, although
    none currently showing in their toy lines. If any of those molds still exist and are readily at hand, the body could
    be done with those. Uniform of course could be an exact replica, or at least close. Medical gear, crutches etc.,
    could be done from the 40th molds, if they are still around.

There have been some great ideas posted here, but this is what I would like to see.

Aloha Brian and fellow JOEheads,

First off, thank you Brian for agreeing to entertain this.

I recognize the economics may be making it difficult to satisfy the needs of the 12-inch fans.

But I refuse to believe there are not enough of us to matter and I hope many more of us join this conversation.

I like the idea of finishing up the lost talker line, but I like all the other ideas I've heard here as well.

I'll throw one more idea for you to consider ... a 12-inch AA painted hair guy in fatigues and a box??? That isn't too complicated and would sell, right?

I'll try to support whatever can be purchased. It would help if it can come in under $100.

Twelve-inch Joes forever!

Regards,
    Gordon
    (a Hawaii JOEhead)