Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 50th Anniversary Kick Starter idea

Question 50th Anniversary Kick Starter idea

Hello Membership!

I don't usually post unless there is a question that needs to be answered but...

After reading many of your posts about the 50th Anniversary and lack of 12" product at retail, one of our members posted on our FB page that maybe we should try a crowd funding item to see if the demand is really out there.

So, here is your assignment: If there is something GI Joe 12" you would like to see us make (be as crazy as you want) we are happy to look at your comments, pick one out, see if we can get permission from Hasbro and try crowd funding. This will take the risk out of the project so, type away! Let us know the complete figure and accessories you would like to have for the 50th Anniversary! We could still probably get this made this year...

-Brian

This is a tough one.

I mean the club has covered most of the bases where reproducing the vintage originals is concerned. Your yearly freebie figure with equipment set has filled a very nice niche with some really cool new AT characters. One thing you have not done (not really) is provide some villains. Perhaps that's a way to go. (The Evil Adventurer was a gorgeous step in that direction.)

The Mars Spy Island Henchman set (exclusive to the convention) was a great start. The Convention villains from the Dragon set and the Mummy sets were also nice, but again... a bit out of the price range for the general populace.

What about if you did a new villainous character using some of the tooled bits from those figures? Flocked hair (or bald) with white trenchcoat or something sinister. Perhaps a cool new henchman that doesn't step on the toes of the exclusive one (It's exclusive for a reason right?)

My post on Facebook mentions perhaps adding another female figure to the Adventure Team. This I would LOVE to see.

I, for one, would support a Kickstarter campaign. I've supported a few in the past, and would definitely kick in on this one, depending on the price ranges and what the plan is.

Sean.

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Wow That's Cool! I was just about to get really upset about another admin here that had shut down a thread about this exact idea before there could be any discussion about it claiming it was impossible to do PRECISELY what you've outlined.

Now I'm really going to have to give this some serious thought. Surely Joe needs something really cool for his Golden Anniversary.

Gold BDU's! Looking all Goldfinger! No, wait...that's stupid. I'll get back to you.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    In honor of the 60's run:

A few of the figures reproduced and paired with iconic sets.

In celebration of the 12" run of GI Joe as a whole:

A Super-Vintage Adventure Team member in their uniform and box with a deluxe-style adventure set, along the lines of the original Secret Mission to Spy Island.
    Climb to Shangri-La including two uniforms: White Climbing suit with all associated equipment, white pants with snow camo jungle jacket, web belt with canteen and first aid pouch, tranq gun, camera, Mini comic.

GI Joe had heard stories about a legendary utopia in the mountains of Asia. Today, he sought out to find it, only on the climb, he found out he had bitten off more than he could chew...
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 02-17-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Although something along the lines of what Mr. Huxter said would be un-objectionable.

The Poacher: An illegal hunter based on the continent of Africa. He wears cargo pants and the Aussie jacket with a Bush hat what's hatband is lined with little teeth.

The Snake: A former used car salesman and chemist that wants to do something more. He is dressed in a non-specified blue dress uniform and a hood that covers his face.

How about making the Space-a-matic that Hasbro didn't make? You said dream big :O)

Or you could make a two pack set of the Regular Joes as featured on the cover of their book, a Land Adventurer and a PH Blonde.

Also would love to have more aged AT Guys, some balding, some just graying.

There is only one possibility for this and it burns in my heart like the molten plastic of the orignal prototype:

Finish the lost talkers series.

They are an incredible piece of Joe history and a fitting tribute to his 50 years of service to this nations youth.

I would pay any price.....up front.
    Last edited by mbnash13@yahoo.com; 02-17-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Similoar to the 40th releases - an Aqua Locker with full equipment and a Space Locker. Maybe a Target Exclusive and a Toys R Us Exclusive. Or How about the ski patrol set (40th style) updated to 50th or do it like you did the Green Beret, ie: just the accesory pack..

I missed the Green Beret Set.

But doing a rehash of the 69 series would be excellent.

The Highland Adventurer I thought of and included in this thread.
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 02-17-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Ideas to date 2/18/14 at 5:55 EST

Expand Adventure Team Villians,
    My Climb to Shangri-La set,
    Regular Joes figures,
    Aged Joes,
    Space-O-Matic,
    Round out Lost talkers,
    Adventure Lockers filled with adventure gear,
    40th style 50th Ski Patrol,
    the Green Beret set's return,
    repros of the 69 adventures run,
    my Highland Adventurer idea.
    Last edited by Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu; 02-19-2014 at 10:02 AM.