Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 50th Anniversary Kick Starter idea

I think Cloaked Raven means that the Club has so much focus on the 3 3/4" we collect already and that to do two major kickstarter efforts would be taxing on the staff. So they would have to choose 12" or 3 3/4" to focus their effort, and that the 12" might be the one that gets pushed to the side...

Sergeant
    No reason to do them at the same time, just to have the ability to do it in the future for 3 3/4" product would be great.

I am not disagreeing... I suggested Kickstarter a few times... for and VSS, for a USS Flagg update, etc. hahahahaha. Just given the reason the 12" guys would be concerned about us 3 3/4" guys jumping on their idea...
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 02-24-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    I just mean to say that the 3 3/4 inch collectors have had product. Between the FSS and the somewhat limited store line, there have been 3 3/4 inch figures released, not enough to say "a lot," but "slowly and somewhat consistently."

The 12 inch collectors haven't had much lately. Not including the GIJCC incentive figures (1 per year), the last 12 inch product available was the four figures back in 2011 or so (someone fact check me, please). And the 50th Anniversary of the original 1964 release was overlooked completely by Hasbro (opting to release 3 3/4 inch figures instead). And since Action Man, the British License of GI Joe, gets a 50th Anniversary. What?!?!?!?

You can see why the 12 inch collectors are a little tender towards the little guys, it's nothing personal, it's just been that we've been getting the short end of the stick and a raw deal for a few years.

So as I said, and no offense intended towards anyone by this, but the fact of the matter is that the 3 3/4 inch GI Joe line has been getting new product. In small amounts and increments yes, but 12 inch GI Joe has gotten NO new product for the past 6 years or so. So I'm sure I speak for the rest of the 12 inch community by saying that we'd like this thread to be kept in the "big Joe" world, and a 55th Anniversary would be a great way to make up for the 2014 fiasco.

We just don't want to get left behind while the little Joe collectors wonder "Why?"...
    These go to Eleven...

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    GI Joe: 55th Anniversary Edition Idea

Now, before you read further, please note that this idea would be a celebration of the 60's and 70's lines, and not a direct reproduction, as we had that 12 years ago.

Bodies and Heads

A reproduction body, and a new headsculpt made from a casted original (or a few, for variety). Black figures available also (Both with the "original" head for PH figures and the "AT" head for randomly packed Adventurers (see below).

Three figures available separately:

Serviceman
    Painted Hair (any one of four colors) and Hard hands, he comes dressed in randomly packed basic uniforms (Army, Navy, USMC, Air Force), with a golden dog tag. The box features new vintage-style art showcasing the four branches of the military, and a shiny gold bit that says "55th Anniversary."

Adventurer
    Flocked Hair (Brown or Blonde) and KFG, he comes dressed in either military OD Greens, or Khakis, with a shoulder holster and revolver, and a hunting rifle. Box features new vintage-style art showcasing the Adventurers having adventures, cameos by the original 70's sets, and a shiny gold bit that says "55th Anniversary."

Bearded Adventurer
    Flocked Hair and Beard (Brown, Blonde or Red) and KFG, he comes dressed not dissimilar to the regular Adventurer. Box is just like the regular Adventurer, except with beards added, and a shiny gold bit that says "55th Anniversary."

Equipment Sets

Some of the most sought-after sets, like the Tank Commander and Marine Jungle fighter. As well as little cards that have the other service's uniforms.

Not to mention some newly designed sets, and sets that never made it to production back in the 60's and 70's.

What do you guys think? Not reproduction-y enough? Or pretty good?
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class
    I know I'm late on this one but here are my suggestions, wow this thread started a couple of years ago.

- Villains, villains, villains - we can't get enough of them so how about a revised intruder using a muscle-body Joe and a new head sculpt and gear.
    - Adventure Team Talking Astronaut with Life-Like Hair.
    - This is another one that's been lingering is a new Bulletman.
    - Modern Eagle-Eye GI Joe using the tooled head of the 90s Action Man.
    - Modern ATV seen in the 90s Action Man line which was already orange with cool decals.
    - Super-Articulated (SA) bodies with either vintage style heads or those modern AT flocked heads for 2000s in the for basic colors.
    - AT Jane using the Savage Swamp female figure who already came with a newly tooled KFG just for her - let's reuse those molds.

I am one appreciative collector who is very thankful that the Club has kept the AT alive and hope they will continue to do so as long as possible.

YO JOE! (does the AT have a call out, I believe they do but yo Joe will have to do it for now)