Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 GIJoeCon 3 3/4-inch Action Figure Preview #7!

Exclamation 2014 GIJoeCon 3 3/4-inch Action Figure Preview #7!

This G.I. Joe team member gets called in when they need an expect in survival and evasion tactics. Plus, he's got all the knowledge and gear to hunt down and eradicate zombies.

Survivalist: OUTBACK is based on the unreleased Hasbro Concept vault action figure... Click Here!

Name:  Outback-thumb.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  30.4 KB

Out Front

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Lane View Post
    This G.I. Joe team member gets called in when they need an expect in survival and evasion tactics. Plus, he's got all the knowledge and gear to hunt down and eradicate zombies.

Survivalist: OUTBACK is based on the unreleased Hasbro Concept vault action figure... Click Here!

Name:  Outback-thumb.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  30.4 KB
    This is my favorite so far !!!

That's a great looking figure. It took me a few minutes of staring to adjust to the idea of seeing Snow Jobs head on this figure but it actually works quite well. I would prefer that his goggles be removable, but still an excellent figure!

Been wondering what this one would look like since the set was announced. Looks pretty good, makes sense for a zombie hunter. My Outback will still be the 25th FLAK operator with the tan vest from the Cobra Island set Outback, but if POC style figures are you thing he works pretty well.

I think it is an excellent idea to release a rarity like this. It has been every box set so far (25th retooling) that has seen at least one underproduced high demand figure. The description states that "Survivalist: OUTBACK is based on the unreleased Hasbro Concept vault action figure..." so it sounds like HASBRO has been cooking up Zombie stories for quite some time! If this is a taste of unreleased HASBRO ZOMBIE life...I'm "DOWN with that.." until the end........

Yeah when I first saw him I was excited, then looked at how kitbashed he was and said I could probably make him. Then I liked him again. Like many not sure about the head for Outback. I already use the head for an updated Rock n Roll. But like the Survival on the shirt and the theme. When they said concept vault I thought I don't remember him in any pics. Guess they kept this one under wraps.

I think that he came out well...was not expecting that head but it sort of works for him. Kudos club...

Lots of talk about the head sculpt. HASBRO has pointed out though that it is "unreleased Hasbro Concept vault action figure". Which means this figure was held back to release more 'topic' oriented figures at the time! I firmly believe that if the headgear was removable it would change this figure from a classic to a 25th/retooled update! I definitely like to see a mix of both (for the 50th anniversary)...and HASBRO definitely could have pulled this figures articulation off with the classic line!

If it was presented as Snow Job there wouldn't be as many issues with the head as some folks are having. It would be a bit different to use Snow Job here, but a little character development never hurt anything.

I think Outback turned out okay, would pick one up at retail price as he looks like a person really hunting zombies. It's hard not to think of him as Snow Job though.

T'Jbang is the oddball of this set so far.
    Last edited by meanmugginloco@yahoo.com; 02-13-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Thumb

OUTBACK is wearing a toque just like LOWLIGHT does and basically for the same reasons...it just gets cold in a NECROPOLIS during the day and at night for different reasons then a normally functioning city. I think the purpose of the headgear is clear.....if you were trying to ZOMBIE HUNT....you would dare not to ZOMBIE HUNT without it....can you think of a situation where OUTBACK might not use his head...or his headgear? He is one smart opponent when SURVIVING...and his fatigues are testimony to that fact.